Sign in to follow this  
Edspace

Fly for free

This has been mentioned before but i'm begining to think that Microsoft Flight will be free to download for everyone, being only based on Hawaii. I've always thought the third video with "fly for free" didn't make a lot of sense. Fly freely or fly as free as a bird would be a more accurate thing to say If it meant having freedom in the skies. Because we are only seeing hawaii, and only seeing small airplanes it may well be a base pack that everyone starts off with. Then the marketplace comes into play and you buy/add to your simulation what you are interested in. Jets, gliders, props etc. The parts of the world you are interested in Europe, America etc. Who is going to produce the extra scenery/planes we don't know yet. Hopefully any developer will. I'd like to see more information about ATC and other stuff to be sure it will still cater for serious simmers but the news section did imply there would be something for everyone, maybe all that means is you expand Flight to your own tastes. Ed.

Its a very confusing situation right now. You have third party developers apparently so angry at M$ that they are breaking their NDA to tell us that it is a closed sim and will not have addons. Logically, I am not sure why M$ would do that because it just limits the audience but I guess we will have to wait and see. Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Please enlighten me. Which developers have breached what NDA?

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Let's not turn this thread into a breach of NDA slagging match as well. If anything I posted this to get back to serious discussion about Flight and whether Flight 'Hawaii' will be a free download/demo for everyone. If this was the case then it could well be ready for release sooner rather than later.

Its a very confusing situation right now. You have third party developers apparently so angry at M$ that they are breaking their NDA to tell us that it is a closed sim and will not have addons. Logically, I am not sure why M$ would do that because it just limits the audience but I guess we will have to wait and see.Mark.
I don't believe there is any evidence that Flight will not have add-ons. But, it seems possible that there will only be available from Microsoft's store. The present furore was tn started by someone claiming to be a Third Party Developer who doesn't like Microsoft's approach. We can only speculate why.

i would still like to see a local retail release. some of us can not keep downloading new games all the time as we are limited to how much we can download each month by our ISP's...

-Raymond W

PC Specs: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X - ASUS B550M-K - 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz - MSI 3070 TI Gaming X Trio

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.