Sign in to follow this  
Jsearl98

Active Gates

I am using "Delivery Guy" Active Gates. This is an interesting add-on which provides a moving jetway, refueling truck etc. etc. at one gate at each of the supported airports (default scenery). The problem is that inevitably AI traffic is using the gate when my aircraft wants to use it. Is there a way in AFCAD of deleting a gate at an airport? If there is, are there other implications in deleting a parking assignment? Thanks

John Earl

United Kingdom

If you do not want AI aircraft to park at a particular gate, deleting the parking spot using AFCAD will do the job. There's no downside except that FS9 ATC will not direct you to that spot as it will no longer exist. But seeing as FS9 ATC almost NEVER directs you to where you want to go, that's no loss. Go for it!biggrin.pngCheersIan

Using AFCAD, you can set the "radius" of each parking assignment. Also in AFCAD, you can use the "Aircraft Editor" to define the "radius" of the aircraft. If you make your aircraft radius larger than any other plane, and set the parking assignment radius to the same number, ATC will have no choice but to put your plane at that gate. I'm not sure how FS2004 works, but FS2002 would always search for the first parking space that would hold the plane. In that case, using a very small radius would also work, but that one I'm not sure of. The aircraft's radius, by the way, is also used in taxiing, when Ground is determining how far you are from adjacent aircraft. So, don't make it too large, just big enough to distinguish your aircraft from any other.

I am highly interested in Active Gates, can you tell me where to find it? Sorry but Google took me to suspicious pages where I didn't want to download... Is it freeware or payware? Thanks,Eric

I am highly interested in Active Gates, can you tell me where to find it? Sorry but Google took me to suspicious pages where I didn't want to download... Is it freeware or payware? Thanks,Eric
+1

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Eric, Tom, I'm pretty sure this is the product (payware): Fly Sim Server Animated Gates 2011. Search on simmarket.com, there are quite a few entries. The demo mentions that it was created by "Delivery guy", so I guess this is it. Regards,Jure

If you have a specific gate you want to use, in the AFCAD, make up a unique parking code for yourself, and assign it to that gate. In your aircraft.cfg file set the parking code to match. For example for a Parking Code of "YOU" add these lines to the fltsim section you are flying. atc_parking_types=GATEatc_parking_codes=YOU Make sure the radius of your gate is equal or greater than your aircraft. AI aircraft will no longer use this gate, so long as there are other free gates that match it's parking code, or a generic gate of appropriate radius.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Eric, Tom, I'm pretty sure this is the product (payware): Fly Sim Server Animated Gates 2011. Search on simmarket.com, there are quite a few entries. The demo mentions that it was created by "Delivery guy", so I guess this is it. Regards,Jure
Thats probably it, too bad it only supports a few of the larger airports. Tom

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."