Sign in to follow this  
bobrbend

OC Problem-Voltage?

Interestingly, the autooverclock seems to work ok with none of the problems mentioned. But since I want to do it manually and get a blue screen with a bios vcore of 1.35 with a multiplier of 45, with temps in the 50's and low 60's. I'm still working on it. BTW in the auto OC, its running at 4.3 and CPUZ shows the vcore at between 1.344 and 1.36, with temps also in the 50's and 60's. Would like to get to 4.5, but I guess that means increasing vcore higher than 1.35, right? I am going to try and set the VRM frequency to 350 and see if that helps. Dan
Well, the difference/perfo9rmance boost from additional 200 MHz will be nearly nothing, so why do you wanna get 4.5 GHz? Just to have it?I´m currently on 4.2 GHz (but I had been at 4.6. Since my new PSU is installed, I´ll get blue screen there, so more fiddeling arround with this.) and it´s nearly perfect (I know I´m grafic bound now, It´s the old circle.) and I really don´t know whether it´ll make sense to tweak hours long for additional 400 Mhz.We´re here to fly and not to fiddle arround with the hardware, so be happy with what you´ve archieved and go flying. You´ll be that amazed by the performance that you won´t come back and trty to squeeze the last out of it. I suppose. :smile:

Interestingly, the autooverclock seems to work ok with none of the problems mentioned. But since I want to do it manually and get a blue screen with a bios vcore of 1.35 with a multiplier of 45, with temps in the 50's and low 60's. I'm still working on it. BTW in the auto OC, its running at 4.3 and CPUZ shows the vcore at between 1.344 and 1.36, with temps also in the 50's and 60's. Would like to get to 4.5, but I guess that means increasing vcore higher than 1.35, right? I am going to try and set the VRM frequency to 350 and see if that helps. Dan
if you set everything the way it shows in those guides then yes higher than 1.35v you can go 1.375 as measured in CPUZ. any higher and you are in serious OC voltages, personally I wouldn't go higher than 1.375

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Well, the difference/perfo9rmance boost from additional 200 MHz will be nearly nothing, so why do you wanna get 4.5 GHz? Just to have it?
I have succumbed and left practicality behind and run 4.5 just to have it. You will also succumb or be last man standing. LOL.gif

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

if you set everything the way it shows in those guides then yes higher than 1.35v you can go 1.375 as measured in CPUZ. any higher and you are in serious OC voltages, personally I wouldn't go higher than 1.375
There is so much variety of opinion and experience about "safe" voltages. Personally I'm coming round to the view that for practical purposes there are two schools of thought: 1) Set yourself a voltage within a known margin of safety, eg 1.35v, and fiddle with everything else to get whatever stable speed you can achieve within that constraint; or 2) Set yourself a target speed and risk everything up to Intel's quoted "VID" (whatever that actually means, given the wall of silence/ambivalence from Intel) of 1.52v to achieve it. Given the low unit price of 2600k parts, this is quite an attractive option, which I find more tempting by the day. To save time, bother and exasperation overall, I think one might as well recognise onself as aligned with one school or the other at an early stage, and accept the consequences/ limitations which that entails. Tim

I have succumbed and left practicality behind and run 4.5 just to have it. You will also succumb or be last man standing. LOL.gif
Well, maybe I´ll get back to 4.6 but too lazy to tweak it now. smile.png Btw. what are your voltage settings to get your volts that low at 4.5?

Well, maybe I´ll get back to 4.6 but too lazy to tweak it now. smile.png Btw. what are your voltage settings to get your volts that low at 4.5?
lol, mainly due to pondering your post; I was playing around with Optimum default settings and opted to set turbo to 4.3 everything else optimum default. I get 4.3 in turbo at around 1.26v 57c ynder Prime and Intel Burn. @4.5 I just set 1.3v in bios, HT off all c-states off and that was it. My temps at 4.5 were around 63c full load. Iam sticking with 4.3 for awhile to see how it goes.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

lol, mainly due to pondering your post; I was playing around with Optimum default settings and opted to set turbo to 4.3 everything else optimum default. I get 4.3 in turbo at around 1.26v 57c ynder Prime and Intel Burn. @4.5 I just set 1.3v in bios, HT off all c-states off and that was it. My temps at 4.5 were around 63c full load. Iam sticking with 4.3 for awhile to see how it goes.
Bit if I shut off al c-states, won´t this also effect speedstep? And if I set 1.3V in the BIOS, with this values also being changes according to the CPU power or will it stick to that whatsoever?

Bit if I shut off al c-states, won´t this also effect speedstep? And if I set 1.3V in the BIOS, with this values also being changes according to the CPU power or will it stick to that whatsoever?
Sorry for not making this more clear, there is a difference between Gigabyte and ASUS boards as far as c-states. ASUS preffer to leave c-states on while Gigabyte preffer to turn them off. C-States otherwise operate the same. For your board you can leave the c-states on. EIST is speedstep. Depends on if you want speedstep or not you can turn it off and it will be fixed at whatever frequency you set. This is a really good guide for your board: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1578110

Regards,
Gary Andersen

Sorry for not making this more clear, there is a difference between Gigabyte and ASUS boards as far as c-states. ASUS preffer to leave c-states on while Gigabyte preffer to turn them off. C-States otherwise operate the same. For your board you can leave the c-states on. EIST is speedstep. Depends on if you want speedstep or not you can turn it off and it will be fixed at whatever frequency you set. This is a really good guide for your board: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1578110
Thanks for that link, Gary.

Thanks for that link, Gary.
Just turned my board down to 4.2GHz, I will leave it there for awhile. You are welcome Steffen. Drooling.gif I lied before, at 4.5GHz I set 1.3v bios and HT=off on my board (Gigabyte turned C-states and EIST off, set manual memory timings to spec and set LLC on my board to 5, ASUS should set High to ultra high.

Regards,
Gary Andersen