Sign in to follow this  
airwolfe

Setup Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Throttle Quad with FSUIPC and NGX- HELP

I have my Saitek Pro Flight yoke, pedals, and one extra throttle quadrant installed on my flight sim for use with NGX. I am new to FSUIPC, so I have some real basic questions and problems to correct. First, do I need to run all my 'Control' setting (every axis, button, joystick command, etc) through FSUIPC and delete any trace of them from the stock FSX settings ? Does this include the 'View' controls ? I have deleted the throttle and landing gear settings from stock FSX setting, but sometimes a throttle will just go full blast and I am frantically moving all the quadrant levers to get it to idle back down. I wish there was a way to just 'load' a configuration into FSUIPC to make all the controls work properly... or a guide just for FSUIPC and Saitek.

I too use the Pro Flight quadrant, with only the included throttle, & rudder pedels, but I am using the Saitek 'Smart Technology' configuration tool and it works fine. I stumbled around for a while with FSUIPC because I wanted to get my Switch & Multi Panels working. I was only marginally successful with this effort so I went back to the Saitek.

I don't have any Saitek drivers installed and just use everything through FSUIPC, disabling joystick support in FSX. I do believe it's possible though to have FSX assign the axis and just use FSUIPC for calibration, though. I also removed any joystick binding in FSX's controls menu as a precaution and to keep key assignments clean. I haven't had the issue you speak of, fortunately for me. I just assigned the axis to the action in FSUIPC and did optional calibrations for the yoke axis.

I don't have any Saitek drivers installed and just use everything through FSUIPC, disabling joystick support in FSX. I do believe it's possible though to have FSX assign the axis and just use FSUIPC for calibration, though. I also removed any joystick binding in FSX's controls menu as a precaution and to keep key assignments clean. I haven't had the issue you speak of, fortunately for me. I just assigned the axis to the action in FSUIPC and did optional calibrations for the yoke axis.
That sounds like the cleanest way to do it. I have been using SPAD in conjunction with FSUIPC... but it sounds like that is unnecessary. What do I need to do (in FSX) in order to disable the joystick support ?

The SPAD drivers are only for the Saitek Panels. To tell FSX to ignore the controllers, go to the Settings inside FSX and click on Controls to up the controller configuration. At the top is a checkbox for "Enable Joysticks" (or "Controllers") and uncheck that.

• Upvote 1

I have the saitek Yoak/pedals and I don't use FSUIPC, all is linked in the FSX configuration settings and it works just fine.I have no issues

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Morgan, I also have "Saitek Pro Flight yoke, pedals, and one extra throttle quadrant installed on my flight sim for use with NGX". If you use MSFS to assign a Cessna one throttle (and calibrating), for example.But also other levers (multiple mixtures/prop pitch/flaps/spoilers etc.) also need assigning/calibrating ... manually!OK.Go fly.Now you want to fly a twin.You have to now assign in MSFS two throttles.Go fly.Now a 4 engine plane.So, assign again in MSFS.Any change requires MSFS assignments first.With FSUIPC you just select your aircraft (after initial setup) and fly.No going back to MSFS! Your choice!I use FSUIPC for everything.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Do a search on this forums...your question has been answered before with screenshots on how to set it up....use FSUIPC, it is the best way...I have now set up a profile for the NGX so I only program it once and it works for all my NGX aircraft...

Do a search on this forums...your question has been answered before with screenshots on how to set it up....use FSUIPC, it is the best way...I have now set up a profile for the NGX so I only program it once and it works for all my NGX aircraft...
I have found some tutorials with Screenshots for setup with CH products... but I have not found one for Saitek.

Morgan, Have you read the FSUIPC documents?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I have the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke system, rudder pedals and Throttle Quadrant. My smart tech software stopped working the other day and was unable to get anything reloaded. I opted for FSUIPC. Just starting to program the assignments.  I did find that FSUIPC doesn't let you program additional buttons in MODE 2 and 3.  Can anybody help me out?

I read through documentation but didn't find anything that said how to do it.

Thank

I have the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke system, rudder pedals and Throttle Quadrant. My smart tech software stopped working the other day and was unable to get anything reloaded. I opted for FSUIPC. Just starting to program the assignments.  I did find that FSUIPC doesn't let you program additional buttons in MODE 2 and 3.  Can anybody help me out?

I read through documentation but didn't find anything that said how to do it.

Thank

First please review forum rules and note that full names on all posts are required.

Second, attaching to a five year old thread that may or may not be relevant (I will not read all the prior posts to check on what the problem may have been or is) may not get you the help you seek.

Your platform is?  (FSX/FSXSE/P3D)

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan,

If you could point me to a more current thread I would appreciate that. I just did a google search and found this thread. System is"

FSX Deluxe Edition SP1 and SP2

Win 7 Home Premium SP1

IntelCore i5, 10 GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System

Thanks so much for any help. 

Dick holmes