Sign in to follow this  
Edmundo

FMC on 2nd Monitor

Hi all,When I am flying PMDG 747X, Sometimes I am unable to drag the FMC to my 2nd Monitor without the screen on the FMC going black, can anybody tell me why? I have to then run the FMC on my flight sim monitor which is a pain Many thanks in advance Edmundo Flight sim PC Build Spec Operating system Windows 7 Pro 64btProcessor Intel Core I7-980X Hexa GulftownP C Case Lian li PC-V1000 plus Aluminium caseMotherboard Asus P6T Delux V2 X58Memory Mushkin 6GB Low LatencyHeatsink , Titan Fenrir EvoHard Drive western Digital Raptor 300 GB Microsoft FSXHard Drive Western Digital Raptor 150 GB Windows 7 Pro OSGraphics Card EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1536MB GDDR5Sound Card Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality ProfessionalOptical Drive Pioneer DVR116DBKBlue Ray 4 BD ROM, LITE ONPower Supply BFG ES 800 WattSaitek Pro Flight yoke & ThrottleMonitorsAsus mk241h 24”Dell 17” Flat Panel

So do you ''undock window'' to move it to the second monitor? Are you able to do it in full screen mode? Are your graphic card drivers up to date? And finaly, the screen resolution on the 17'.?

Yes I undock window to move itYes I can do it in full screen mode, Just tried now and okYes graphic card drivers are up to date 1280 x 1024 Thanks Dave

Hi Dave, Your problem is very odd, and i cant seem to find much info about it unfortunatly. I done a little search for you, and some of the cures : Update DirectX to the latest. Resize the undocked window once its in the second monitor - some ppl are reporting that doing so makes the display return. Others say restarting the PC sorts it, although that's as much use as a chocolate T-pot. I got this info from here > http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fsx+undocked+window+black+%20second+monitor Admittedly i didnt read every one, so you may find something i never. Apart from that, im out of suggestions.

Hey Edmundo, I had this exact problem, only it was any window I dragged over to my 2nd monitor. Worked fine on monitor 1, drag to monitor 2 and the window would go black. Anyhow let me think here, I am not on my home machine so i cant reference the setting off hand. It was a video card setting, I have geforce 9800 gtx+ so I assume you have the same setting as you have a gforce card also. it was a simple one click fix on one setting. I believe it was the setting telling it should cpu or gpu do 3D rendering, I had it on auto and was having the problem. So I set it to GPU and voila problem went away

ok the setting is in the nvidia control panel, under 3D settings, set physX configuration, I had this set to auto, I changed it to my video card, as opposed to CPU. And that fixed my problem

I've had that problem before as well & always chalked it up to fsx running low on resources. My physx is also on auto because I assumed that'd be best for an SLI setup. I'll have to try setting it to a particular gpu.