Sign in to follow this  
Peter James

max speed for landing lights?

Is there a max speed limit for the delicate extendable landing lights? I have actually destroyed real landing lights on a Cessna 402 (max limit 150K) - and came close on a Beechjet (200k) ...but zooming past those speeds while being distracted by something ---- and I don't want to ruin the ones on my new 737NG!!! haha .... in the flightsim, you know the wife will demand I drop all help with the dishes right at the wrong time! :)

Hi Peter, I don't think there is am absolute limit but they recommend only extending at less that 250 knots to avoid stressing the hinges on the lights Ceri

Just checked the AS NG OPS manual, there are no speed restrictions for those lights.

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

The real question: Why?If you need extra visibility for other traffic, you could use the wing lights. Not sure what other scenarios you might have in mind.