Sign in to follow this  
ga

Whats your 5 favorite Airports in Europa!

Just wounder whats your 5 favorite airport sin Europe, 1. EDDF - Frankfurt2. EGGL - Heathrow3. ESSA - Arlanda4- ENGM - Gardermoen5- LFPG - Charles de Gaulle This becouse theese airport are close togheter, great ATC coverage on Vatsim and a only a range off 1-hour flight, and ofcourse great Airport with "Mega airports senarios" ;)

<gulp> I can only choose five??? Well in that case I guess I have to avoid the obvious Heathrow/Frankfurt/Schipol candidates, and look at those with other qualities. I still couldn't sensibly hope to get the list down to five, though, so here are the first five that happened to occur to me when I started making the list. Some of the reasons for inclusion will not be obvious, but they're valid for me. happy.png In no particular order, as they always say...... (other than alpha sequence of ICAO code, anyway):— EFHK Helsinki VantaaLEPA Palma de MajorcaLFMN Nice, Côte d'AzurLFRP Rhodes DiagorosLOWI Innsbruck Your mileage may vary. Indeed, I'd be very surprised if it didn't..... wink.png Cheers, Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

My current favorites: Almost all of the above ;-) plus: LPMA Funchal MadeiraEGJB Guernsey (4800ft runway makes this one interesting + plus there is a very good payware scenery available now)LOWW Vienna Sometimes I fly into Kerry, Ireland (EIKY) although it is stock FSX scenery - because it reminds of a beautiful vacation in southwestern Ireland, otherwise nothing spectacular.

All Payware:All the above plus:EDDSEDDTLTAILXGBEGGK

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

EDDLEGKKLGAVLIRFLEMH

Chris Howard

Hi, I am going to base my answers on the frequency and quality of the VATSIM ATC folks and my enjoyment of flying into these airports. EDDMLGAVLOWWESSAEGGK This is also based on the fact that I am living in Japan, so at the times that i fly, (11pm - 2am japanese time) these stations are often online. On Vatsim my callsign is always (something21) eg: QFA21. and I would like to send a thanks out to the Vatsim controllers who may be reading this, who make my hobby so much fun and rewarding. Cheers, NicholasB

That'd be: Manchester, Almeria, Birkdale Sands, Archangelsk, and Ruzyne. Most of which are not payware, but there's good freeware for a lot of them. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

EKCH, LOWW, LOWI, EICK, EDDF. My flights in Europe are mostly with airliners so I prefer airports with good Vatsim coverage.

Cardiff EGFFHeathrow EGLLVienna LOWWMallorca LEPACologne-Bonn EDDKLisbon LPPT

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2