Sign in to follow this  
Tomaz Drnovsek

Night too bright

For some time I was flying just during the day. Today I tried a night flight and found out that the night is too bright.. you can see every single star in the night sky, even terrain is too bright and too saturated. I have no idea what could be the problem. I recently installed Shade and FlyTampa LGAV. Any help would be appreciated. 2nd screenshot is VC with everythnig turned OFF - some buttons and screens look like they are turned ON, but are not. And all the clouds are way too bright too. Edit: I just found out that terrain.cfg file in FSX root folder was altered at the time of FlyTampa LGAV installation. Any connection?

Edited by 0Artur0

Also, I'd check your monitor settings.What I see are two very black screen shots.These are the Photoshop levels on your first picture.I think it would be tricky to make an even darker image. levels.jpg

You don't see the stars? And the buttons on the second screenshot that appear to be on?That's weird because everything else is normal on my monitor.
Same here, black screens, the second one does show some instrument lights. I think you have your brightness and/or gamma level too high!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I see stars,..and buttons.Im not sure im following you though, you will see stars at night...?? You've recently installed shade...i'd look closer to that considering what it does..Not sure about the buttons, could it be moon light? :) What plane is it?

Also keep in mind most screenshots don't capture post-processing effects. Although if the screenshots you posted look as bright as your screen then that's your problem. I've noticed this since I'll take screenshots of games as I'm playing and they're perfectly let but the screenshot is very dark.

Hey Guys From what i can tell FSX'es ambient night lighting is linked to its Moon Phase,so if you fly on a night with a full moon or near full you get quite a boost in ambient night lighting,kicking your days forward/backward a few till you see no moon will effect this ambient value,if i find a way to control this i'll be sure to add it to shade in a future update (no promises thought)Laterssteve

I see stars,..and buttons.Im not sure im following you though, you will see stars at night...?? You've recently installed shade...i'd look closer to that considering what it does..Not sure about the buttons, could it be moon light? :) What plane is it?
Rolling%20Eyes.gif See....''Told you so''.... Common sence previals.