Sign in to follow this  
haztronic

ENB Series or Shade?

I was wondering if anybody had a preference between the ENB Series FSX mod or the Shade product from flightsim store. I am currently using ENB and even though it does seem to add a lot of realism, I cannot seem to get the settings I think are right and as a result I will get too dark or too light. So I am thinking about buying Shade. Many thanks in advance.

Shade comes with it's own recommended ENB Series profile, so it is definitely a case of using both. Works fine for me!Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Do you guys get CTD when switching between Full Screen with ENB?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Nope. Nary a problem... Cheers, Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Can you give me link with the latest ENB Mod files please?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Yep, every time.

- Aaron

I dont get CTD but I do get the black screen where you can hear the game but cant see it.

yap, I was having problems with ENB a year or so ago and I stopped using it, don't know why but the last thing I need is more CTD, I just forget about it for now.

Ron Hamilton

I was wondering if anybody had a preference between the ENB Series FSX mod or the Shade product from flightsim store. I am currently using ENB and even though it does seem to add a lot of realism, I cannot seem to get the settings I think are right and as a result I will get too dark or too light. So I am thinking about buying Shade. Many thanks in advance.
I use both. Shade for the thing that it's supposed to be used for, making better shadows, and ENB for the light bloom - I tend to stay away from ENB though, since it slightly blurs the whole screen. It has a nice effect on the sun though, good for activating during sunsets and dawns.

Never used ENB at all, I have Shade though, which is good and worth the price considering its capabilities although I don't like everything it does to the look of the sim, the manual needs improving just a little bit too. These things will probably happen when the creator of Shade gathers up enough feedback. You should definitely give Shade a look if you like tweeking stuff, as it is simple to use and can make either subtle or dramatically different changes to the way your sim appears. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

This is John Venema's enb series.ini file but Shade comes with one of its own. I'd use that if you run Shade as well. http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/20084-johns-enb-series-ini-file/ Cheers, Noel.

I could never get ENBSeries to work on my system (can't recall what the problem was now !), but I've now installed Shader, and even with the default settings it's a massive improvement IMO.