Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

Prepar3d Forum

Perhaps it is time to add a new forum to AVSIM that caters to those interested in Prepar3D. If so, maybe it should be similiar to the FS9 or the FSX ones, with the same type of rules. Otherwise, LM Prepar3D topics and discussions will spill over everywhere, like it has in FLIGHT. It makes sense (at least to me) to keep those people feeling at home here in AVSIM, instead of perhaps losing them to other forums. Afterall, this is a community of diverse, overlapping and competing flight sim differences, otherwise it would have disappeared long ago.

+1 I think the future of serious flight simulation is now in the hands of LM. Fred.

Hello StephenI agree there is going to be a need for a P3D forum as there is going to be a lot of knowledge to share as more simmers sign up with Lockheed.In another thread I took the liberty of suggesting yourself as moderator.

+1 I think the future of serious flight simulation is now in the hands of LM. Fred.
Yes sir, I agree.

I too have high expectations from Prepar3D, unlike MS Flight.A platform like this has long been wandering around my head.An optimized code, backward compatibility, constant support...If the pricing policy gets even nicer, I'm in!

Let's hope Lockheed realize the true potential for the general flight sim world. Jason.
Where better to place the future development of flightsim than with an Aerospace company. Simple and brilliant

Give us some time to check wether it's appropriate or not to open this sub-forum.We'll get back to you soon.Thanks!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

It would serve us all well here to remember that P3D's sole reason for existence is to serve the professional market in a professional way. Period. Anything beyond that remit is of little importance to LM. We are of little importance to LM. In my opinion the success of P3D from our point of view rests largely with how useful (or otherwise) we can make ourselves in the equation of making P3D a success in the professional sphere. ######ing, moaning and demanding stuff from LM is going to get us kicked out of this club sooner as opposed to later. And that is why I suggested and am sticking by the notion of a P3D sub forum here at AVSIM. Honestly, it would likely be wise to keep us as far away from LM as possible, for our own good. Just some food for thought.

Konrad

It would serve us all well here to remember that P3D's sole reason for existence is to serve the professional market in a professional way. Period. Anything beyond that remit is of little importance to LM. We are of little importance to LM. In my opinion the success of P3D from our point of view rests largely with how useful (or otherwise) we can make ourselves in the equation of making P3D a success in the professional sphere. ######ing, moaning and demanding stuff from LM is going to get us kicked out of this club sooner as opposed to later. And that is why I suggested and am sticking by the notion of a P3D sub forum here at AVSIM. Honestly, it would likely be wise to keep us as far away from LM as possible, for our own good. Just some food for thought.
I don't fully agree with you on that one ! John Nicol who is the head of development on P3D ( and former ACES ) has said on a few occasions that he would love simmers to try out the monthly subscriptionto see how we might like it. He said this on the PMDG NGX forum more than once !! Fred.

OK guys.Let's stop speculations for now.I'll reopen this thread whenever we'll take a decision.Thanks for understanding.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Ok here we are!

Best regards,
David Roch

My pleasure :--)

Best regards,
David Roch