Sign in to follow this  
towerdude

Screen Black

Hello,Everytime I start FSX up, the screen is nothing but black and the loading screen flashes. It's been a long time scince I've played (cause of another problem). It's either that or there's something up with the computer or, the game itself. It shows the black on the aircraft presentation screen aswell.Helps appreciated as usual.

Guest firehawk44
Hello,Everytime I start FSX up, the screen is nothing but black and the loading screen flashes. It's been a long time scince I've played (cause of another problem). It's either that or there's something up with the computer or, the game itself.It shows the black on the aircraft presentation screen aswell. Helps appreciated as usual.
Could be a bad video card driver, FSX sliders set too far to the right for your systems capabilities, a bad FSX.cfg with too many tweaks or a bad tweak, or a system problem as you suggest. Have you tried renaming or deleting your FSX.cfg and letting it rebuild. That usually fixes most problems. It's a start anyway. What are your system specs? Best regards,Jim

Where do I find the system specs?
If you look right under where his salutation is written on his reply to you, you'll see his"system specs" albeit, very subdued. If you look at it carefuly, you should be ablefigure out "what kind of hardware and software comprise your system. System Specifications: Best regards,... System Specs:Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2600K (3.40GHz o/c 4.8GHz), ASUS P8P67 Deluxe MB (1850 BIOS), CoolerMaster Haf X case, Crucial 256GB Crucial RealSSD C300 Series SSD, SATA 1TB WD 7200 HD, 8GB DDR3 RAM at 667MHz (Muskin Enhanced Redline 991805 9-9-9-24-Auto 1.65v), EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked 1536 MB GDDR5 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card, Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe CPU Cooler NH-D14, Dell 3007 WFP 30 inch display, Samsung Blu-Ray Internal SATA Drive, Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium, Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Sound Card, Corsair 850-Watt HX Pro Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply, FSX Deluxe w/Acceleration Dell XPS 720H2C w/Intel Core2 Extreme CPU X6800 (O/C to 3.73GHz), 4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz, Dual 768MB NVIDIA 8800GTX, Dell Alienware 22" Monitor with Nvidia 3d Glasses, X-FI Creative Sound Card, SATA2 w/dual 500GB HD, 1KW PSU, Windows 7 64 bit Premium Home Edition

System specs: CPU type, Motheboard, Graphics card, Operating system, etc,etc (and so on, and so on)All the info about your computer that you can give, will increase the likelyhood that someone will be better able to help you.I.E. what type of computer are you using?

I found everything but the video card.Manufacturer: Hewlett-PackardModel: HP G62 Notebook PCRating: 4.1Processor: AMD Athlon II P320 Dual-Core Processor 2.10 GHzInstalled memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.74 GB usable)System type: 64-bit Operating SystemThis is all I could find. I never found the video card.

You should go back and try what "firehawk44" suggested to you: there are people here who run FltSimon a Laptop/notebook/mac...they are more current than I with FS on a non-desktop system.My $900.00 laptop is used for math, science, school stuff. I never game on it: so I can't help you.Again, try firehawk44's suggestions and, if you still have trouble, come back and ask for more help. Also, System type: 64-bit Operating System: win 7, win-xp or, win-vista?and, your "Graphics" chip, will be "integrated" Intel or...

Could be a bad video card driver, FSX sliders set too far to the right for your systems capabilities, a bad FSX.cfg with too many tweaks or a bad tweak, or a system problem as you suggest. Have you tried renaming or deleting your FSX.cfg and letting it rebuild. That usually fixes most problems. It's a start anyway. What are your system specs? Best regards,Jim
Where can I find my FSX.cfg?

Where can I find my FSX.cfg?
What OS? ( xp,vista,win7?)

click start, now the top right you'll see your name, click it. Doulble click 'AppData'' > ''Roaming'' > ''Microsoft'' > ''FSX'' and it's in there ( FSX.cfg) If you dont see it then you need to check ''Show hidden files and folders'' in folder options.

OK, open control panel ( Start > control panel) Then click Appearence and personalization (Green text ) Then ''Folder Options''.You will get a little window pop up, with 3 tabs along the top.Select ''View'' ( middle tab ) and make sure ''show hidden files, folders, and drivers'' is checked foldersih.jpg AppData should now show.

Have you tried renaming or deleting your FSX.cfg and letting it rebuild.
I tried renaming and deleting the .cfg file, but nothing changed.