Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Problems with throttle at takeoff

So I have my Saitek Throttles mapped through FSUIPC to assign levers for 2 throttles.But no matter how I try it, sometimes, at takeoff, when using standard TOGA, I do following:Push to some 60% N1, then press TOGA. Aftert that throttle advance, and sometimes, the throttle is going to bounce back.It's like a throttle sends a spike at the position where I left it mechanically and NGX reacts to that. Usually either left or right, then my planes starts turning on the runway... quite uncomfortable.I tried those modes in settings, A/T manual override, but no matter what I set, it happens. Any solutions?

I seem to remember shortly after release they advised using either the software that came with your quad or FSX to set up throttles in particular & not FSUIPC. It was throttles in particular, maybe including any reverser function, I can't remember.

Yup nothing but problems using FSUIPC, been there done that got it close but gave up looks like I have to use a yoke button for reversers, main reason I bought my throttle quadrant was to have reversers on it oh well.

Rich Sennett

I have a 2nd quad I haven't even plugged in yet. Right now none of my hardware is plugged in because I'm too busy cutting down trees in my back yard to build a proper desk. Monitors, keyboard & mouse on the floor is what I'm using right now.

Sorry to go against the flow, but FSUIPC has been working out of the box since day one with every other aircraft out there. I know NGX is "different", but in the end, it's also "just a throttle". They can't expect me to stop using my hardware?? Without FSUIPC I can't assign my reversers. I didn't happen with any other aircraft up until now. Even PMDG. There must be a solution.

in the fmc settings, you should find something like override throttle controls "always" after 80 knots...

Sorry to go against the flow, but FSUIPC has been working out of the box since day one with every other aircraft out there. I know NGX is "different", but in the end, it's also "just a throttle". They can't expect me to stop using my hardware?? Without FSUIPC I can't assign my reversers. I didn't happen with any other aircraft up until now. Even PMDG. There must be a solution.
Hey Word Not Allowed, i have exact the same Problems! 2x Saitek Throttle Quadrant configurated via FSUIPC 4.7.2.6 (registered) 1.Spoiler2.Throttle13.Throttle2 4.Reverser15.Reverser26.Flaps the Potentiometer in the Saitek Throttle Quadrant are really bad (lifetime from morning til noon,thereafter spikes) no wonder if you open an old Saitek Throttle Quadrant and see the small Potentiometer!of the environmental pollution not to mention every time you throw away the whole Throttle Quadrant I also do not understand why the -3 auto flight settings- make no difference would be nice someone on the market could build a Throttle Quadrant with optical sensors (technik like in the old microsoft sidewinder precision pro) regards Jürgen

Yep, having the exact same issue, have deleted assignments from (registered) FSUIPC and solely using FSX. Is more noticable on takeoff when engaging TO/GA however, frequently disconnects during flight. I have changed settings in FMC without success btw... Worried.gif

Russ Bailey

EGJB

As we are posting about this, I believe pete dowson ia working on an updated fsuipc that'll be more ngx friendly.

Guys, the only thing you shouldn't assign trough FSUIPC are the throttles. The reversers as in my case (Saitek Yoke) can be assigned with FSUIPC because their are buttons not axes.

My Saitek quadrant thrust reverse works fine. I'm using the Saitek software, no FSUIPC. I did remap all keys, for better tracking of remaining availability, so I'm using 'Shift + 1' (vs FSX default 'F2') for reverse and assigned it to 'Rx Reverser' and 'Ry Reverser' for both throttle levers, you don't need to set repeat, as F2 sends the reversers to full reverse. The only thing odd that I have to do as part of my autothrottle approach procedure is have the throttles advanced slightly, ~20%, and at touchdown I bring them to zero then to reverser.

Now hold on, am I missing something here? Probably, but just in case... I'm able to map the thrust reversers to my Saitek Throttle(s) via FSX Controls without any difficulty whatsoever.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Ya, my throttles are mapped directly through FSX with the reverse button set to the F2 command. The amount I reverse I keep in there is how long I keep the button depressed... To the OP - What's happening is the dreaded Saitek Spike...You set your throttles to 40%N1, do your cross checks and then set TO/GA...but your Saitek spikes and it goes back down to the 40%...or 60% in your case as you explained. The simple solution is found in the NGX FMC options. In the autothrottle section, just set it to Never Override. There are two other options...all the time or only in thr-hold/arm mode. As TO/GA uses the Thr-Hold thinger...you theoretically could move the throttles...as you would be able to in the real aircraft if bad stuff happened; however, our physical throttles don't move with the autothrottles hence - our spiking issue.