Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

Freezes - Problem solved

Hi, I had lots of freezes during flights, maybe once every 5 or 10 minutes, where everything froze (including gauges) for a couple of seconds, then returning to normal state.I just wanted to say how i solved the problem because i know there are others with the same issue.The problem was Microsoft Security Essencials and Superantispyware scanning in real-time while i was flying. I excluded the FSX folder on MSE and disabled SAS and the freezes are gone.Hope it can help other people with the same problem. Cheers Artur Santos

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Excluding FSX & addons from active scans is a must for performance. Especially on something that pushes the limits as far as the NGX.

Makes sense since I was "freeze free" until the latest Microsoft update, the Security Essentials was included and Wham. The very next flight.

So how and where do you turn them off, etc,?
Either you open it and disable real-time protection on definitions before flying, or you go to exclusions and exclude the FSX folder. I excluded the folder instead of disabling the AV.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I know but where do you find and get to 'security essentials'

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

I know but where do you find and get to 'security essentials'
On the tray bar, near the clock. You should have a green MSE icon, right click it and open or double-click it.

Alvega

I recall PMDG advised this in the manuals. I have no issues with AVG, but I excluded FSX anyway.

Hi, I had lots of freezes during flights, maybe once every 5 or 10 minutes, where everything froze (including gauges) for a couple of seconds, then returning to normal state.I just wanted to say how i solved the problem because i know there are others with the same issue.The problem was Microsoft Security Essencials and Superantispyware scanning in real-time while i was flying. I excluded the FSX folder on MSE and disabled SAS and the freezes are gone.Hope it can help other people with the same problem. Cheers Artur Santos
I excluded the Fs folder and even the processes from the beginning, but still had tepmprary freezes. Found out that it's got something to do with ASE weather. Disabled some features like the automatic creation of intermediate weather stations and automatic weather download. This reduced the freezes to a minimum. Also reducing the FSX autgen helped. Thoug I keep having short freezes and stuttering during approach and flying through REX Graphics clouds. Anyone can confirm this is a memory problem and nothing much can be done about it?! Cheers, Ralf