Sign in to follow this  
klemay

LIghts and Starting engines

Greetins all! I purchased the 337 over the weekend (17th of Sep) so I'm assuming it has the latest patch already? Two issues crop up for me. I'll start FS, go to my local airport, load up the Bonaza (Stock bird), get her going from cold and dark, with no issues. From there, I'll shut the bird down, and load up the 337. Two things won't work for me...one, no Becon light? I don't have any special lights installed, and the becon on the bonanza work fine. 2. She wont start? Fuel, check.....fuel levers, check....prime her up, check....turn the knob....nada. Now, If I load the bonanza back up, start her, lights, etc then go to the 337, it's running with the appropriate lights...I just can't get her to start from cold and dark? I'm not the brightest bulb, but it's not like I'm trying to start a 777 lol. Thanks all, Ken

Hi Klemay!Sounds very odd to me Hypnotized.gif , maybe try to make a default flight with a stock FSX native plane like the FSX 172 or the Baron?I use myself the FSX stock Baron, make her Cold & dark and I take this plane as a start up for every FSX boot. Never had any similar issues with an addon plane as I do this since FS2002.By doing so you will have no danger to load up some special tweaks by any developers. 1. Maybe try to delete your current default flight and create a new one with a stock FSX 172.2. Also you could try to start up FSX without any Controllers plugged in like yokes, throttles , peddals or Goflight or Saitek stuff, just start FSX clean with just your mouse and see if it will start though ... just to be sure that hardware isn´t causing any problems. Hope it helps!

I start it using the startup check sheet. I cal also do a startup using the "Ctrl" + "E" key; make sure you have the mixture in full rich.

Thanks for the tips guys. The over head valves are tricky to adjust for me...they want to spin around and always stop pointing strait up....weird. I do start up fsx with the Baron. Ctrl E does nothing for me. I may remove and reinstall this bird....it's the only Caranado bird that gives me issues!