Sign in to follow this  
JohnJJr

My new system build

Hi guys--I just wanted your opinion on a system I'm thinking of getting for fsx. Case--Corsair Obsidian 650DPower Supply-- Thermaltake TRX-1000M TR2 RX 1000WProcessor-- Intel Quad Core i7 2600K O'ck to 5.0GHz *mb Cache - 850Mhz Graphics ProcessorCPU Cooling--Corsair CWCH100 - WaterblockIntel Motherboard--Asus P8Z68-V ProDDR3 Memory--Corsair Dominator GT DDR3-1600 GB( 4x2GB ) CL7Graphics Card--EVGA nvidia Geforce GTX580 3GBHard Drive--OWC Mercury 6G 120GB SATA3 SSDHard Drive 2--Western Digital VelociRaptor WD6000HLHX 600GB SATA3 10K rpm 32MBOptical Drive--Samsung SH-B123L 16X SATA Blu-ray ComboSound Card--Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI-EOperating System--Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bitShipping--FedEx ground Total $3031 Monitor--Dell Ultrasharp 30" $ 1300 With this build I have the option of enabling Z68 Cache. Would I want to do that?Any comments?Thanx

With this build I have the option of enabling Z68 Cache. Would I want to do that?Any comments?Thanx
No need to. Your primary drive is an SSD anyway. Very nice system! A little steep but very nice.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I would only use SRT if you have an existing system. Much easier than having to copy the OS over. But since this 'll be brand new, wack the OS straight on.

One 3000.00 computer will not run Fs as well as two 1000.00 computers! Sounds financially irresponsible to me!
Some folks want performance over cheap hardware. Doh.gif Though I'd skip on some of that stuff and save $1000, it's a nice system

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Just comments: You do not need 1000W PSU, a good quality 750W Corsair is more than enough on a single GPU.Why buy a Z68 board if you weren't going to use it. You won't see any FSX benefit unless you fly the same route same weather, but other applications may use it. I would only do it on an Intel SSD311 if it was me.You really do not need the SB sound card.I have a preference for 2x4GB memory. When you say @ 5GHz, is that at all costs? Whistle.gif

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Sounds financially irresponsible to me!
If he can afford to pay $1300 for a monitor, then he can probably afford anything.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png