Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

September FSX and Flight Comparison Screenshots

See the third post in this topic for the comparisons. I messed something up and had to do it this way.laugh.png

Brandon Filer

If they do the globe in that level of detail then Flight will be one for the record books, if we can run it on our systems. Would love to see more than just Hawaii though... Hong Kong perhaps or the Alps or Grand Canyon... NYC would be one to preview too.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Time for the comparison shots you have all been waiting for. tongue.png Everything is out of the box default FSX with settings turned all the way up. As usual, locations are matched as closely as possible. I have not been able to find the location of screenshot 3 and 6. These locations weren't identifiable by me, so if anyone is smart enough to figure it out, please let me know. Screenshot 1 FSXhonolulucityfsx.jpg Flighthonolulucityflight.jpgScreenshot 2 FSXnightrunwayfsx.jpg Flightnightrunwayflight.jpgScreenshot 3 Location unconfirmed Screenshot 4 FSXgeminiobservatoryfsx.jpg Flightgeminiobservatoryflight.jpgScreenshot 5 FSXgeminiobservatoryfarfsx.jpg Flightgeminiobservatoryfarfli.jpgScreenshot 6 Location Unconfirmed

Brandon Filer

Screenshot 7 FSXbayhonoluluhighfsx.jpg Flightbayhonoluluhighflight.jpgScreenshot 8 FSXhonoluluhotelsclosefsx.jpg Flighthonoluluhotelscloseflig.jpgScreenshot 9 FSXhonolulucitybeachnearfs.jpg Flighthonolulucitybeachnearfl.jpg I am not sure that the location of shot 2 is correct, but even if it's not, the overall look won't be much different. I just found it interesting how things lined up so well for that shot scenery-wise. I had to look at every airport in Hawaii in Google Earth to determine which runways had the horizontally oriented arrows. Turned out Hilo Intl was one of them, and I decided to use it for it's accuracy. This airport was also the same airport featured in Webisode 2. Overall, the improvements in Flight are more and more visible with each update. The only shot I wasn't impressed with was #7, which has a very flat look to it. Other than that, Flight is looking great and I hope a lot of these recent rumors about it being limited to one plane and island are not true, as the engine itself has some great potential by the looks of it. Lets try not to turn this thread into yet another argument thread with pointless speculation, but focus on what solid facts we have and what we can visually see in the screenshots and videos, specifically the September screenshots, since this is the point of this topic. laugh.png

Brandon Filer

The last two shots show a very different attention to building scale...looks great.

Well done Brandon. A lot of work on your part for the benefit of our viewing pleasure. Flight looks great.

Screenie 7 looks better in FSX, although it is the only one. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Great work!!! Applause.gif

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

thanks for the great effort to show us how better FLIGHT going to be regardless of MS upcoming (unknown) marketing strategy for it. GOOD job man.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | Samsung G9 49" Curved Monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

I don't see any difference Tounge.gifWell done Brandon.

Cool! MS owes you at least a free copy of Flight for all your efforts. You do marketing much better than MS! :)

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.