Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

September FSX and Flight Comparison Screenshots

I think all the screenshots look a whole lot better. A massive improvement by Microsoft; it would just be nice to see other countries, not just Hawaii.

Guest ShinyJetSyndrome
I think all the screenshots look a whole lot better. A massive improvement by Microsoft; it would just be nice to see other countries, not just Hawaii.
^ Yeah that. Plus I'm curious as to what light source is shining on the Maule in the second picture. EDIT: Regarding screenshot 3 (not shown here), I like the effect of city lights shining up on the Maule. Looks like the lighting engine has seen improvements.Which IMO was necessary anyways to stay up with X-Plane.

Nice shots!Somehow I find the lighting in FSX more realistic than Flight in some shots. In Flight the contrast is a bit high in my opinion. But maybe it will be something you can tweak in the game.

Looks like reflections in the water are out. Also i like the textures/landclass in the FSX version of piccie 7 better. Besides that, Flight looks pretty good :)

Wow! Really looking nice! happy.png Hope MS can pull this off for us hardcore fans....

Have you note that, until now, there is no clouds reflexion on water, and no buildings or ground reflexion. Those things exists on Fsx. Is it mean that the engine visual system is not complete ?

Have you note that, until now, there is no clouds reflexion on water, and no buildings or ground reflexion. Those things exists on Fsx. Is it mean that the engine visual system is not complete ?
Or they removed them since it looked completely unrealistic anyway but I agree the visual system is obviously not yet complete.

I hope the water relfection stays a display option like it is already in FSX.Most likely it's simply turned off.

Somebody please tell MatthewS that the autogen distortions look to be not so bad in many of these photos. That is: the scale of the trees, as compared to the buildings in the Waikiki shots, is pretty correct. I realize that the buildings are all likely custom one-off objects, but I don't think those trees are.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Somebody please tell MatthewS that the autogen distortions look to be not so bad in many of these photos. That is: the scale of the trees, as compared to the buildings in the Waikiki shots, is pretty correct. I realize that the buildings are all likely custom one-off objects, but I don't think those trees are.
Yes... the tree's look better, those close up buildings (eg shot #7) look like custom objects so you would think the scale is correct. The autogen buildings in the distance in shot #1 seem better, not as many pitched roofs on warehouse sized buildings, but its hard to tell for sure... the lighting looks better, that might also help.

Matthew S

But when you look at what XP10 is going to have, there's no comparison. X-Plane%20screenshot_King%20Air%20B200_98.jpg
LOL and people think that this game will run nicely on an average PC... LOL laugh.pngLMAO.gifLMAO.gif

What plane are you going to fly 10 feet off the street? Oh, a chopper right?! How does all this look at 35K?

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.