Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

September FSX and Flight Comparison Screenshots

Hopefully that answers your question.
LOL, im Not Worthy.gif
How could you like XP10's flight model if it hasn't been released?
Guys, lets not turn this into an X-Plane discussion thread.

How could you like XP10's flight model if it hasn't been released?
lol.. well maybe i made a little typo there ;) I meant XP9, and corrected it in my post.

lol.. well maybe i made a little typo there ;) I meant XP9, and corrected it in my post.
Ok, that makes more sense Big%20Grin.gif

Brandon Filer

I like the sky and clouds, much more realistic in color and shape than X. I just hope the ground shadows don't kill frame rates. Too bad no cloud shadows though. And please MS, get rid of the global poplar trees (tall, skinny ones), it ruins the U.K.!

Yeah and I think I'll keep my 3D trees as well LOL. Actually for a product being release at the end of the year, we've seen precious little in the way of screenshots and features, got a feeling it will be delayed again... Dave.
What comes next 3D cracks in the road? LOLI've tried Xplane 9 and I have seen NO DRASTIC improvement in FPS within very similar graphic settings. (SPECS IN SIG)
Xplane 10 really intrigues me but every screenshot they've released seems to be framed pretty well. I can't seem to find any screenshots of just a straight view of open cityscape ahead out of a VC. Or an external shot showing the landscape for miles. I want to see what the landclass, autogen, and textures actually look like in practice. Give us some videos of it in action. If it's really being released in three months (Christmas) then I'd expect much more to be shown to this point. Let's see the AI system at work. Let's see what default airports are going to look like across the globe (I realize they have some screenshots of a staged airport to show off their technology). Show us the flight dynamics at work. Show us your weather system, etc. We may know more about Xplane 10 than Flight but it's not much more at this point and it's mostly just feature lists right now.
Couldn't agree more..

Great comparison shots Brandon. Thanks!

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

What plane are you going to fly 10 feet off the street? Oh, a chopper right?! How does all this look at 35K?
So I guess you don't use OrbX sceneries, right?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

What does that have to do with XP10 autogen and flying into the back of a truck?

What does that have to do with XP10 autogen and flying into the back of a truck?
I think he should have said: "you don't look at the Orbx scenery advertizement shots". These shots look like they are a dead ringer for Orbx promotional material.

Thanks Hughes for your work on our behalf The Flight shots are magnificent. I can just imagine what add-ons will do, from great companies like Flight 1 and ORBX.

I think he should have said: "you don't look at the Orbx scenery advertizement shots". These shots look like they are a dead ringer for Orbx promotional material.
Erm no... What I meant was that OrbX has the same kind of detail and I hear no complaints. So why is it a problem if X-Plane 10 has it?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Erm no... What I meant was that OrbX has the same kind of detail and I hear no complaints. So why is it a problem if X-Plane 10 has it?
ORBX is addon.... Xplane 10 default looks like that.... FPS will be low if you don't have a good PC. Look in my sig if you think I am complaining about FPS.....

Ben, I'm not sure how you came into this, since I wasn't even talking about anything you said, nor was I talking about performance or FPS...

Benjamin van Soldt

Guest HowardHughes
But when you look at what XP10 is going to have, there's no comparison.
Eh? So you take some random single screenshot from XP10 and surmise that Flight is 'no comparison?' Of course there's no comparison, given you've got nothing to compare it with. You do realise of course that in an hour or two a flight developer could knock up a row of houses/neighbourhood with 50,000 polygons each and 4096x4096 textures? I guess XP10 would be no comparison then......

ORBX is addon.... Xplane 10 default looks like that.... FPS will be low if you don't have a good PC.
This should read; FPS will be low if you don't have a good PC and you are running FSX. Since FSX has some major inherent flaws that give horrible performance even without add-on scenery. Given a modern simulator that was efficient and utilized current hardware and your statement would be a false assumption. I'm not sure how well X-plane 10 runs but comparing it to the dinosaur that is FSX is a little misguided.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.