Sign in to follow this  

How to apply edited saved weather

I am not a fan of real weather (it usually isn't the kind of weather I like to fly in at that moment ;) ) but I am a fan of ASE because it creates beautiful skies! Only recently I discovered you can save the current real weather for future use so I started saving nice weather configurations for future use. Now simply loading the weather works well: it seems its immediately appplied to FSX. But sometimes I'd like to change the weather a little, so I go to the WS Config page, edit the weather and click Apply... but then a lot of things don't change at all. Like the last time I tried this I deleted various layers of clouds but they didn't go away in FSX, no matter what I did. I also added rain but it wasn't there in FSX until I presses Refresh at the top of the ASE window... But I thought that Apply should have done the trick...? And even though the rain was there, the clouds still were there too... In short: I am a bit lost when it comes to loading saved weather and editing it on the fly... Maybe someone can tell me in a few short sentences how to get it done? ;)

Hi, Load the weather file. Use the METAR to make changes. Click the Apply icon. Make sure your 4 cloud sliders in ASE are at 0 percent. That should work!

Hm, well, when I load the weather file, nothing changes in ASE (at the WX config page)...? I am at the WX config screen, Open a file and everything stays as it was... So there is no way of changing things. And in FSX nothing changes too. Somehow ASE IS working because my default flight has clear skies and I am having very clouded weather in FSX right now, but I don't know where that weather came from... I can't make any sense of it all.Also when I switch from Force to sim time to Force to real time and press Refresh (?) nothing happens in ASE or in FSX. ASE is clearly giving me great looking skies but I can not figure out how it does that nor how I can influence it... It's a shame because right now I have awesome looking weather and I would like to save it for future use... EDITHm, wait a minute... I had the option Prevent Cloud Redraws activated... I disabled that option and I just downloaded historical weather and now the weather DOES change in FSX...! I also went to the Main screen and when I select Force to real time and Refresh I see the weather from now is loaded and when I set it to Force to sim time and Refresh the weather from August 8 is downloaded. So it DOES work. Apparently Prevent Cloud Redraws prevented the weather from changing at all...? Ok, so that's solved (and I know now that the weather I love so much is to be found on August 8 2011 ;) ), but I still can't change the data...? EDIT 2Solved! I found out that when you are on the WX config page and open a file 1. the weather isn't loaded instantly but ASE loads the weatherdata from the internet (so the file itself only holds the date and so on?) and 2. in order to see the loaded weather on the WX config page you have to switch to another page and then back again!!! So the information on the WX config page doesn't change by force when you stay at that page: switch to another page and back again and you will see the weather you just loaded! Phew, I think I finally got it... I also found out that switching between two files I downloaded didn't make a change at all because although I saved them at different times, they both held the exact same data from August 8th... ;)