Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

EditVoicePack question

No, I haven't the faintest idea when I get to EVP. I can't find any sound that comes out as 'Ween' - there is one that is 'Veen', which is OK, but I never hear it is FS9. I don't know what I am supposed to be editing or where the files are - the 'Correcting a default Flight Simulator entry' in the tutorial is just 6 lines long and doesn't give me any leads at all. I think I'll just have to accept 'Ween' - I've just spent days trying to solve a CTD (successfully in the end) and don't have the patience right now to go floundering about looking for solutions in areas I don't understand. Thanks anyway.
Agreed there are times when you just need to fly and not meddle but it seems a shame to drop this when you are so near. When/if you want to come back to this, please let me know what your various comms frequencies are listed as (so much depends on whether you are using the default or a modified A&FD file) and also do a short flight and establish exactly which one is giving you the wrong call. From there I'm sure a very simple answer can be found. John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Did you listen to "Veen" in all 10 voices? Perhaps one or two of those are saying "Ween" instead. No, I didn't listen to all the voices - I should have done of course! Will have a look at that at least. OK, John, may look again in a day or two. Thanks.

I tried again, but still get 'Ween' in LOWW Clearance Delivery. My EVP looks like this: The markers and sound segments all play back 'Vienna' (all voices after copying). When I click on 'Agent_Name Wien Delivery' I get 'Ween'. I thought that by ticking 'Force Variation' the sound 'Vienna' would replace 'Ween' for 'Agent_Name Wien Delivery' in FS9. But no - I save and update. Still 'Ween' back at the airport. I don't understand about the numbers to the right of 'Force Variation' either - the tutorial just says "...select “Force Variation” and indicate the variation to replace." Do I leave it at 0? What am I doing wrong? M.

I tried again, but still get 'Ween' in LOWW Clearance Delivery. My EVP looks like this: The markers and sound segments all play back 'Vienna' (all voices after copying). When I click on 'Agent_Name Wien Delivery' I get 'Ween'. I thought that by ticking 'Force Variation' the sound 'Vienna' would replace 'Ween' for 'Agent_Name Wien Delivery' in FS9. But no - I save and update. Still 'Ween' back at the airport. I don't understand about the numbers to the right of 'Force Variation' either - the tutorial just says "...select “Force Variation” and indicate the variation to replace." Do I leave it at 0? What am I doing wrong?
Well . . . I did ask above for you to tell whether you were using the default or an add-on A&FD file and the answer might be different dependent on that. If you are using an add-on, and the offered frequencies and their names are the same as the default, do one of the following:
  1. Change 122.125 "WIEN DELIVERY" to "VIENNA", or
  2. Make a new Agent Name in EditvoicePack called "WIEN DELIVERY" and set it to over-ride the default (Force Variation)

Either should fix it, I reckon. If your add-on says something different you will need to adjust the instructions accordingly. John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

John, Sorry - I neglected to answer that question. More haste, less speed ... I do have a 3rd. party scenery from LOWW but when I open the AFCAD the Clearance Delivery is the same as the default. So I changed the label to 'Vienna' as you suggested - and now, no more 'Ween' when I ask for clearance!! So I didn't need to mess around in EVP at all? I can now apply this to one or two other similar minor annoyances, but the 'Ween' one was the biggest (no telling what is going to niggle one person whilst not bother another in the least!), so thanks for your patience and help. Martin