Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

737 PIC Evolution - October release?

Hey guys, http://www.simw.com/737picv2 I knew this was coming, so I'm not really surprised. Still, it's great to see it apparently so close to release. I think it looks really nice, judging by the screenshot,s but I'm mostly very happy that there is a virtual cockpit with 3D switches now. It also seems like they updated or hopefully remade the exterior model - there are transparent windows now, like in the PMDG 737NGX. What do you guys think? Instant buy, or are you going to wait for further opinions? I think I might wait bait myself, see what people like Alan have to say about it. By the way, the october release part was stated on the Simware Facebook page. Not sure how accurate it is. They changed the release date of the Airbus Avolution three times or so...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Oh Yes, I'm definitely in on this one, love the classics, hopefully performance is better than the fs9 patch in FSX for the current pic model tho

Dean Stringer

Wow! Nice find Benjamin. I just reinstalled the 737 pic yesterday and always enjoy flying this bird, theres something about the classic that keeps me coming back for more! The screenies look promising and i recon this is another one on my list.

Chris Howard

I´m going to wait. I prefer those old generation 737s over the NG ones but first i must know how the night lihghting is (if it´s developed by Feelthere their last ERJ was very lacking here and a no-go for me) and also the systems fidelity. I don´t ask for a PMDG ultraacurate approach but i expect all systems functioning as they should, with no shortcuts taken. Will check all reviews about this one, and surely will ask a lot of questions before giving my money. I really hope it fills my expectations.

Hmm... not sure...I knew FeelThere was working on it, but now it's here (almost), I'm not to impressed with these screenshots. Maybe I'm spoiled with the NGX modelling, but I don't think FT/Wilco even comes close to the modelling of the NGX.I'm not talking about systems fidelity, because I do accept it to be less than the NGX (as long as what's modelled is realistic).I also don't understand why they made so much shots with wingleted models. In the real world only a very few 737-300/400/500 aircraft are equiped with winglets.Guess it will depend largely on the price and the feedback I get here on the forum.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Cool so they finally have it on the website I just don't like the name evolution on the tittle should have just called it 737 pic v2 looks good I honestly hope they don't over price this, screenshot's are small to see more detail but its nice seeing that series coming back.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

A remastered Classic would indeed be nice. I'm just a little suspicious about all the superlatives in the 'simple' product description.I saw those on the Airbus Evolution before and I think this is sort of an industry's habit, use as much of those as fit in one sentence. LOL.gif But seriously, having some nice 737-100/200, an up to date Classic and the 737NG offers can only be called 737 simmer's dream, huh?

Hmm interesting, infact on the mcphat forums they were asking for beta testers for the EVO 737, any update to a product is nice, finally a FSX native version, may have to buy this one!

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Please, Wilco (Or the real developers of theses aircraf) ... do something with the winglets before release! It´s not even close to the real one!Thanks!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Please, Wilco (Or the real developers of theses aircraf) ... do something with the winglets before release! It´s not even close to the real one!Thanks!
And probably wont be the only thing knowing them. garbage

Hey, your banner is back, Jack. 'Nice' wording on another player in that small flight sim world by the way.Shouldn't you be testing something? happy.png Lets see what sort of evolution takes place though, maybe we share the interest in that. smile.pngI didn't even know a rework was planned there, so, again, thanks for the HU.

Yeah, those winglets don't look too good, fortunately I'll never have to use them wink.png Jack, that's classic. With that banner and all I very strongly suggest to refrain from such comments as they will be seen as comments of PMDG staff. You are making PMDG look bad, and I'm quite sure that is not what you want, is it? Anyway, spouting such criticism without anything to back it up makes you look bad no matter what your affiliation.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Just to add, my comment about the winglets is to make it better, not bash anyone in here! Just because i will buy it for sure!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Were it not for the fact that some Wilco stuff is known to clash with other add-ons because of things they do to the registry when they install (thank you PMDG for addressing this with a fix, even if Wilco couldn't be arsed to), I'd class this as an 'instant buy', so with that in mind I'm going to file it under, 'see if there is any kind of clash, and if not, then instantly buy it' LOL. Although to be fair, I've never had any Wilco add-on do that to me, but that was on XP and now I'm on Windows 7, so I'm a bit wary about the potential for that issue. I know not everyone is a fan of Wilco, but up until fairly recently when a couple of NGs became available from other companies, that Wilco PIC 737 was the best 737 you could get for FS, for example, it had a working pressurisation system on the overhead long before any other FS aircraft had one, including the PMDG FS9 NG, although the systems differ somewhat to be entirely fair, so even if it wasn't perfect, it was as close as you could get with FS. Thus I'm glad to witness it being dragged into the 21st Century, although one hopes that it is done properly and not in the slightly half-assed way that the Evolution for their Airbuses was done. I suspect it'll be a different story with the Classic 737, because all of the systems were pretty good from the off in the original iteration of this add-on, and it flew very much like one then, so as long as they stick to tarting up the visuals and making it a genuine FSX model, I don't see how they could fail (hope I don't come to regret saying that LOL). It does look very much like that's a different extenal model altogether to me, because the original version's exterior models were somewhat out of proportion compared to the real thing, especially in the ventral area, which was in fact about the only bad point of the thing really, well that and the slightly rough-looking VC by today's standards, although even that wasn't too bad. Nevertheless, I think they ought to put it in the right livery, that NG-style BCA Blue Horizon livery is not really appropriate for a Classic; it should be dressed in the older BCA livery, and I don't see why not, sure that livery's old, but it's still a very nice livery and one which places the aircraft in its appropriate mid-1980s era, i.e. this one: http://www.boeing.co.../737500-02.html Failing that, in Piedmont or Southwest liveries, since they were the launch customers for the Classics. I can sort of see why they've dressed it up in the NG's livery, since it does make it look modernised, but it's not going to appeal to the hard core types to have it painted up that way since it would be like painting a 707 up in the same way, which would be no more ridiculous. Presumably it will be hard core types who are the target customer for the Evolution version of the Wilco Classic 737, so they should at least try to cater to them by putting the right livery on the thing. But at the end of the day it can be repainted, so I'm happy that we will now have FSX versions of the entire 737 range, thanks to CS doing the Originals as well (at least it'll be that way until the new 737 comes out and then we'll be off again awaiting one LOL). It's only taken nearly seven years of waiting (something potential Flight buyers ought to bear in mind), but it seems we're finally in good shape at last for FSX 737s Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Not being funny but aint

Not being funny I have utmost respect for PMDG and the products they release, but developers arent supposed to bash other developers? in public at least. Well let it release and we see whether it is garbage or not. VC textures look "better" and I agree the winglets are a big no no! well hope we have some customisation options lol.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.