Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

737 PIC Evolution - October release?

If the Feelthere part in that release gives us the fidelity of the 'V2' ERJs and E-Jets, I think I'm in. I'm pretty happy with those two, so maybe there's hope to get something more than the somehow violated 'Evolution' phrase may imply. They first user reports will be an interesting and appreciated read, that's for sure.

As I very much enjoyed the previous classic and really just am a sucker for 737'sI will add this as well probably.Their old package mated with the 50North model has given me many hours of enjoyment.Even more then the pimgee, imagine that LOL.gifI just like the older birds more.And their sounds were nice too.I am definately interested as their last classic was the best around in my humble opinion. cheers JP.

You never noticed it because the original never had winglets. The new ones do have them, and judging by the screenshots, their modeling is a bit off. That's the problem people were discussing.
I think the people discussing it might be wrong; for a start STC winglets on a Classic SP are over a foot shorter than those on the NG and not blended like the NGs, so those seen on the Wilco are probably either Valsan or Quietwing STC winglets similar to the retrofit STC ones you see on 727s, which will be why they don't look the same as the Aviation Partners blended winglets found on the NG. You can now get blended NG-style APB winglets for a Classic thanks to a fairly recent STC though, but that doesn't make those older winglets wrong. Actually, you can even get Quietwing mini-winglets for an Original 737-200, and they're even more different in appearance, almost as small as the ones on an A320. Some of those retrofit winglets require a flap modification too incidentally, so it will be interesting to see if that has been modeled, not to mention if Captain Sim make them an option on their 200 Original. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I think you are right, to be honest. I do remember photographs that I have seen already quite some time ago with classic 737s featuring these type of winglets, for sure not the ones seen on NGs now. Probably the ones on the Wilco model, although maybe not entirely correct, are pretty close to reality. I couldn't really find any good photographs, though, so I can't really check.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Forgive my ignorance, but 737-3/4/5 has tail skids as in wilco pics? Never saw one before.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

As far as I'm aware, only the 400 Classic, and the 800 and 900 NG 737s have a tailskid (i.e. the longer ones). Of those, some have a tailskid that extends a bit further (notably the 900ER), although it might not be an error to have one on all of them since I do know that 737s with the short field performance options also have them, as do several military variants. But I'm not absolutely sure if that 500 should have one. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks Alan!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

I really don't think PMDG's VC looks that great.To me the most important thing is dimensions. They really messed up on them. The front windows are way too big in the cockpit, you can see that from any angle. I'm actually flying the old Aerosim 735 with Wilco's gauges in them. The dimensions of the AS735 VC seem to come the closest. I'm looking forward to this new release, since the external model of wilco's FS9 classic lookes awful, especially the paint job (windows too high and too small) otherwise a nice package that I use a lot.

I really don't think PMDG's VC looks that great.To me the most important thing is dimensions. They really messed up on them. The front windows are way too big in the cockpit, you can see that from any angle. I'm actually flying the old Aerosim 735 with Wilco's gauges in them. The dimensions of the AS735 VC seem to come the closest. I'm looking forward to this new release, since the external model of wilco's FS9 classic lookes awful, especially the paint job (windows too high and too small) otherwise a nice package that I use a lot.
You dont perhaps wear coke bottle lenses do you?

Well, that's just like your opinion man. On a more serious note, considering that PMDG had access to the actual Boeing 737 blueprints, they took laser measurements of an actual 737 NG cockpit, and Boeing representatives themselves have praised PMDG's NGX, it is quite possible that PMDG got the dimensions correct. Also, the VC textures are the best in the business right now, in my opinion. The only thing I question about the NGX virtual cockpit is that the lower edge of the upper DU's appears cover up the bottom edge of the main panel.

Also, the VC textures are the best in the business right now, in my opinion.The only thing I question about the NGX virtual cockpit is that the lower edge of the upper DU's appears cover up the bottom edge of the main panel.
+1

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

I liked the original 737 from Wilco in the day, but there are better done airplanes to spend my time with now. I really like the FeelThere Ejets and ERJs and fly those often. But Wilco really disappointed me with their Airbus Evolution. That moves it from an "instant buy" to a wait and see for me. Still, the original was a solid product and I'll be interested in seeing how the Evolution works out.

Yeah I agree the NGX is the best thing to FSX since sliced bread,and people keep telling me the VC is out of this world! but being a VA person theres no use for it for me. I know im ashamed lol, thats why this "updated" 733/4 will have more use and more appeal for me, thats where my money will be as im using the older version and the sytems depth was enough for me. Lets see how this pans out I think mcphat may do some liveries for this bird also.....but dont quote me on this.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Sir, Have you ever sat in the front seat of an NG? Probably not, but I have and so have the developers of the NGX. The NGX was made with BOEING Blueprints, not metion the beta testers where ALL 73NG type rated Captains and F/O's and the product is approved by Boeing. I don't think they messed anything up at all. It literally looks EXACTLY as I remeber sitting in the cockpit.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Yeah I agree the NGX is the best thing to FSX since sliced bread,and people keep telling me the VC is out of this world! but being a VA person theres no use for it for me. I know im ashamed lol, thats why this "updated" 733/4 will have more use and more appeal for me, thats where my money will be as im using the older version and the sytems depth was enough for me. Lets see how this pans out I think mcphat may do some liveries for this bird also.....but dont quote me on this.
I don't understand how being a VA person means the NGX has no use for you? There are many real world and virtual airlines operating 737 NG's. I fly the NGX for www.swavirtual.com.