Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

737 PIC Evolution - October release?

I hope that there is a discount for the people who bought V1.
I wouldn't count on it. It's an optional upgrade (otherwise known as a patch when most other developers do that sort of thing LOL), so I should think the pricing structure will be the same as it was for the Airbus Evolution. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I am interested to see what Wilco comes up with this time. Although, I was a bit disappointed with their Airbus Evolution upgrade.

I can understand the frustration when it seems like you are treated guilty until proven innocent... It's an unfortunate fact that piracy is incredibly rampant in this "industry" as well as any other PC-based industry. Something to put this into perspective... Last week we found a security problem in our weather servers which was permitting so much pirate access that 58% of all usage was from pirates... yes, the majority of users were pirates. They were shutting down the servers for over-utilization preventing legitimate access. We went back into our logs and found that upwards of 30% of support requests in the previous 30 days were from pirates or otherwise unidentified users. We tightened up and increased our sales over 1000%... we required forum posters to use their full name. We hired a team of lawyers to take our server logs and start pressing charges. Now we are down to less than 10% pirate users and our servers are singing. Pirate support requests are minuscule. But they keep hacking and finding new ways to get in, and I've had to spend 8 hours a day alone on keeping on top of this. 8 hours every day that could have been spent on development. The point I'm trying to make is that developers are facing an immense problem with piracy and the sad fact is that developers and legitimate users are the ones suffering now, and everyone (including the pirates) will suffer later. Many developers have already, or are about ready to close their doors for this reason alone. They simply don't have the time or resources to prevent piracy, and fact is, most people won't pay for it if given any opportunity to get it for free. Piracy isn't stealing nor any ethical issue for most people these days. They can rationalize it a thousand different ways. In turn the developers, in order to stay in business, have to assume every potential "customer" is a pirate. Your experience kind of drives that point home.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

That is in fact one of the reasons why I always urge people to stop using the name 'pirate' to describe people who are software thieves; calling them pirates lends a kind of urban cool to the activity, where people can fancy themselves as someone 'getting one over on the man' in a jolly Jack Sparrow stylee. But I call a spade a spade, and I call a thief a thief, and if everyone else did the same, it would at least go some way toward changing the socially acceptable nature of what is, which when all is said and done, is common theft, and not something one should be able to feel cool about, nor talk openly about in front of one's friends and colleagues, as is the case when refering to it as piracy. Nobody goes into work bragging about having stolen a car last night, or committed a mugging or a burglary, because those activities are not given cool, socially acceptable monikers. Al

Alan Bradbury

Now I hope that this doesn't sound too rude, but the thread title refers to the upcoming 737 PIC V2, the thread tenor was actually focused on this and the only posts being completely off topic are the ones about piracy. Wrong thread or did I miss the turning point of this one, somewhere between post 63 and 64? unsure.png

It's not off topic, we don't know much more info up to now, and so the topic turned to support, which is somewhat confusing for Wilco products and a concern for some, and since there are occasional problems with it when offering support to legit users, the problems of who is a legit user cropped up. Which is all perfectly relevant and a logical progression for the discussion. Al

Alan Bradbury

Ah, there you are. Support attitudes. Makes sense, Alan.I think I just couldn't follow the way too simple path from that down to "piracy in general". If the support attitude doesn't fit, the customer won't buy (again). That doesn't make him a pirate, it just doesn't make him a customer. Seems like some companies don't get that point while others have a happy customer base and a protection/validation running. I wouldn't relate any of the given examples to Wilco though.

I should have quoted Alan's post, I can see how it was confusing.. sorry about that.. was just trying to share my opinion on Alan's experience with Wilco support, and that although that doesn't make it "right" hopefully it gives a little insight from the developer perspective. More on topic, I too am eagerly awaiting this release!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Simple the "VA" I fly for uses the classics 733/4, I understand there may be other va's that use the NGX but im not joining a new va just because they use the NGX. I think i'll wait till PMDG release the 777.
I think your "VA" needs to purchase or lease some NG's.. pretty simple to do with "V" money

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I think your "VA" needs to purchase or lease some NG's.. pretty simple to do with "V" money
Now where would the v realism go if we did ? lets stick to the real fleet and classics.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Holy Thread revival,Has anyone got anymore thoughts on this, as release gets nearer.My concern is what Wilco Products do to the registry file in FSX, is there a way round this [i remember Ryan saying something like that[

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I think he referred to the dll.xml mixup which sometimes took place after installing the old PIC. I never had that sort of trouble with any Wilco product though.Still no data on the new release, so there isn't much to discuss or think about at this time. Maybe the first customers will give some insights, after the thing was released. A full range of 737 in FSX would be nice, that's for sure.So lets hope the 100 and 200 come in soon after the Classic. smile.png