Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Benjamin J

737 PIC Evolution - October release?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I will never ever touch anything associated with Wilco ever again. Never. Ever.So, it's a pass for me.
My sentiments... Airbus Evolution was the absolute end of the line for me.

My sentiments... Airbus Evolution was the absolute end of the line for me.
Me too. I also bought E.M. update before that Sigh.gif

Keep in mind though that Airbus Evolution was not made by Feelthere. For as far as I understood, it was Eric Marciano's update plus one or two other things bundled into one package. Contrary to Airbus Evolution, Feelthere is directly involved with the 737 Evolution. So, in my opinion, you can't directly compare the two products. Remember that Wilco is only the publisher, not the developer.

Must be spoilt by the NGX as the VC on this looks awful, its a real shame as we are lacking a nice classic.

If the Feelthere part in that release gives us the fidelity of the 'V2' ERJs and E-Jets, I think I'm in. I'm pretty happy with those two, so maybe there's hope to get something more than the somehow violated 'Evolution' phrase may imply. They first user reports will be an interesting and appreciated read, that's for sure.

As I very much enjoyed the previous classic and really just am a sucker for 737'sI will add this as well probably.Their old package mated with the 50North model has given me many hours of enjoyment.Even more then the pimgee, imagine that LOL.gifI just like the older birds more.And their sounds were nice too.I am definately interested as their last classic was the best around in my humble opinion. cheers JP.

You never noticed it because the original never had winglets. The new ones do have them, and judging by the screenshots, their modeling is a bit off. That's the problem people were discussing.
I think the people discussing it might be wrong; for a start STC winglets on a Classic SP are over a foot shorter than those on the NG and not blended like the NGs, so those seen on the Wilco are probably either Valsan or Quietwing STC winglets similar to the retrofit STC ones you see on 727s, which will be why they don't look the same as the Aviation Partners blended winglets found on the NG. You can now get blended NG-style APB winglets for a Classic thanks to a fairly recent STC though, but that doesn't make those older winglets wrong. Actually, you can even get Quietwing mini-winglets for an Original 737-200, and they're even more different in appearance, almost as small as the ones on an A320. Some of those retrofit winglets require a flap modification too incidentally, so it will be interesting to see if that has been modeled, not to mention if Captain Sim make them an option on their 200 Original. Al

I think you are right, to be honest. I do remember photographs that I have seen already quite some time ago with classic 737s featuring these type of winglets, for sure not the ones seen on NGs now. Probably the ones on the Wilco model, although maybe not entirely correct, are pretty close to reality. I couldn't really find any good photographs, though, so I can't really check.

Forgive my ignorance, but 737-3/4/5 has tail skids as in wilco pics? Never saw one before.

As far as I'm aware, only the 400 Classic, and the 800 and 900 NG 737s have a tailskid (i.e. the longer ones). Of those, some have a tailskid that extends a bit further (notably the 900ER), although it might not be an error to have one on all of them since I do know that 737s with the short field performance options also have them, as do several military variants. But I'm not absolutely sure if that 500 should have one. Al

I really don't think PMDG's VC looks that great.To me the most important thing is dimensions. They really messed up on them. The front windows are way too big in the cockpit, you can see that from any angle. I'm actually flying the old Aerosim 735 with Wilco's gauges in them. The dimensions of the AS735 VC seem to come the closest. I'm looking forward to this new release, since the external model of wilco's FS9 classic lookes awful, especially the paint job (windows too high and too small) otherwise a nice package that I use a lot.

I really don't think PMDG's VC looks that great.To me the most important thing is dimensions. They really messed up on them. The front windows are way too big in the cockpit, you can see that from any angle. I'm actually flying the old Aerosim 735 with Wilco's gauges in them. The dimensions of the AS735 VC seem to come the closest. I'm looking forward to this new release, since the external model of wilco's FS9 classic lookes awful, especially the paint job (windows too high and too small) otherwise a nice package that I use a lot.
You dont perhaps wear coke bottle lenses do you?

Well, that's just like your opinion man. On a more serious note, considering that PMDG had access to the actual Boeing 737 blueprints, they took laser measurements of an actual 737 NG cockpit, and Boeing representatives themselves have praised PMDG's NGX, it is quite possible that PMDG got the dimensions correct. Also, the VC textures are the best in the business right now, in my opinion. The only thing I question about the NGX virtual cockpit is that the lower edge of the upper DU's appears cover up the bottom edge of the main panel.

Also, the VC textures are the best in the business right now, in my opinion.The only thing I question about the NGX virtual cockpit is that the lower edge of the upper DU's appears cover up the bottom edge of the main panel.
+1

I liked the original 737 from Wilco in the day, but there are better done airplanes to spend my time with now. I really like the FeelThere Ejets and ERJs and fly those often. But Wilco really disappointed me with their Airbus Evolution. That moves it from an "instant buy" to a wait and see for me. Still, the original was a solid product and I'll be interested in seeing how the Evolution works out.

Yeah I agree the NGX is the best thing to FSX since sliced bread,and people keep telling me the VC is out of this world! but being a VA person theres no use for it for me. I know im ashamed lol, thats why this "updated" 733/4 will have more use and more appeal for me, thats where my money will be as im using the older version and the sytems depth was enough for me. Lets see how this pans out I think mcphat may do some liveries for this bird also.....but dont quote me on this.

Sir, Have you ever sat in the front seat of an NG? Probably not, but I have and so have the developers of the NGX. The NGX was made with BOEING Blueprints, not metion the beta testers where ALL 73NG type rated Captains and F/O's and the product is approved by Boeing. I don't think they messed anything up at all. It literally looks EXACTLY as I remeber sitting in the cockpit.

Yeah I agree the NGX is the best thing to FSX since sliced bread,and people keep telling me the VC is out of this world! but being a VA person theres no use for it for me. I know im ashamed lol, thats why this "updated" 733/4 will have more use and more appeal for me, thats where my money will be as im using the older version and the sytems depth was enough for me. Lets see how this pans out I think mcphat may do some liveries for this bird also.....but dont quote me on this.
I don't understand how being a VA person means the NGX has no use for you? There are many real world and virtual airlines operating 737 NG's. I fly the NGX for www.swavirtual.com.

the (PMDG) product is approved by Boeing.
Just keep in mind the following... ''We were awarded 'official' Boeing status after a long and successful relationship with Boeing as a licensed partner. Working with Boeing means that their support to us will be reflected in the quality of the product we offer to our customers. The Boeing presence will accompany all of our products in the future whether it is placed on our packaging or sitting by the side of our products during download. It is both our assurance of good quality and Boeing's commitment to the licensing program.'' Which FS aircraft developer website is this from? Nope, not PMDG, that's a quote from the Ariane Design website, whose 737 NG is also approved by Boeing. In my opinion the Ariane 737 is actually pretty good, not as good as the PMDG one in terms of systems accuracy, or the iFly one for that matter, but I'm sure you will agree that does tend to indicate that Boeing approval alone is no guarantee of absolute fidelity to the real thing, since there are two other FS NGs out there which most would agree enjoy more fidelity to the real thing than that officially approved Ariane one. The truth is, if you look on the Boeing website online store, you can buy an officially approved Boeing manicure set, an officially approved Boeing coffee mug, an officially approved Boeing shopping bag, and an officially approved pair of Boeing cycling shorts, and no, I'm not making any of those up! That doesn't mean I don't think the PMDG NG is great, it most certainly is, but the shine kind of wears off that official Boeing approval when you see that it's not quite as exclusive an accolade as you might imagine. Al

Just keep in mind the following... ''We were awarded 'official' Boeing status after a long and successful relationship with Boeing as a licensed partner. Working with Boeing means that their support to us will be reflected in the quality of the product we offer to our customers. The Boeing presence will accompany all of our products in the future whether it is placed on our packaging or sitting by the side of our products during download. It is both our assurance of good quality and Boeing's commitment to the licensing program.'' Which FS aircraft developer website is this from? Nope, not PMDG, that's a quote from the Ariane Design website, whose 737 NG is also approved by Boeing. In my opinion the Ariane 737 is actually pretty good, not as good as the PMDG one in terms of systems accuracy, or the iFly one for that matter, but I'm sure you will agree that does tend to indicate that Boeing approval alone is no guarantee of absolute fidelity to the real thing, since there are two other FS NGs out there which most would agree enjoy more fidelity to the real thing than that officially approved Ariane one. The truth is, if you look on the Boeing website, you can buy an officially approved Boeing manicure set, an officially approved Boeing coffee mug and an officially approved pair of Boeing cycling shorts, and no, I'm not making that up! Al
Not to mention the official Boeing coffee cup - I don't have that one, but I do have one from Lockheed...Straight%20Face.gif

Yup, I'm trying to get an updated airac cycle for my officially approved Boeing cycling shorts, but it isn't working for some reason. Al

Back on topic however, it'll be interesting to see how this one fares in the approval stakes after release when compared to the less than stellar approval ratings the Airbus Evolution received from many. I certainly hope it's more in the mode of some of Wilco's other stuff, such as their rather cool VTOL Harrier and RJ airliners. Al

Just keep in mind the following... ''We were awarded 'official' Boeing status after a long and successful relationship with Boeing as a licensed partner. Working with Boeing means that their support to us will be reflected in the quality of the product we offer to our customers. The Boeing presence will accompany all of our products in the future whether it is placed on our packaging or sitting by the side of our products during download. It is both our assurance of good quality and Boeing's commitment to the licensing program.'' Which FS aircraft developer website is this from? Nope, not PMDG, that's a quote from the Ariane Design website, whose 737 NG is also approved by Boeing. In my opinion the Ariane 737 is actually pretty good, not as good as the PMDG one in terms of systems accuracy, or the iFly one for that matter, but I'm sure you will agree that does tend to indicate that Boeing approval alone is no guarantee of absolute fidelity to the real thing, since there are two other FS NGs out there which most would agree enjoy more fidelity to the real thing than that officially approved Ariane one. The truth is, if you look on the Boeing website online store, you can buy an officially approved Boeing manicure set, an officially approved Boeing coffee mug, an officially approved Boeing shopping bag, and an officially approved pair of Boeing cycling shorts, and no, I'm not making any of those up! That doesn't mean I don't think the PMDG NG is great, it most certainly is, but the shine kind of wears off that official Boeing approval when you see that it's not quite as exclusive an accolade as you might imagine. Al
I could be wrong, but I don't think any of the other 737 developers for FSX have had the access that PMDG had to Boeing documentation during the development of their products. Also, the documentation that comes with the 737 NGX is far and above any other 737 developer.