Sign in to follow this  
rp1

Changing MOBO without having to reinstall everything?

I am so thinking of getting Gigabyte, though never liked their boards... maybe the looks, maybe the website or something else cosmical...

The only boards that have ever failed for myself or my family are Gigabyte boards, I wont touch them because of this.

Cheers, Andy.

The only boards that have ever failed for myself or my family are Gigabyte boards, I wont touch them because of this.
Each has their downsides I guess... good to know.

Thinking maybe I should RMA it for another P868Z-Deluxe board?

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Thinking maybe I should RMA it for another P868Z-Deluxe board?
You can, but there´s no guarantee really that you´ll get rid of the problem with the new board. Seems like we are in the same boat...

You guys try clearing the RTC RAM by following the directions in page 2-21 of the manual? No issue on Gigabyte, to add insult to injury and in case you were wondering.biggrin.png

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

I just read an article on a swedish website where they had a graph with RMA statistics from a french website (lol). According to this graph Gigabyte motherboards actually have the lowest percentage of RMA's. http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/13859-fransk-datorsajt-publicerar-rma-statistik-for-april-manad Link is in swedish but the graphs are pretty easy to understand, lower is better.A link to the original website is at the bottom of the page. Moderkort = MotherboardGrafikkort = Graphics card. Google translated link to the original website.

Not going to believe this...............Dual boot has just happened to me!!!!!!!! This is after 2 weeks of normal operation, go figure.
After researching this issue I have managed to stop the dual boot when starting cold. Seems to be back to normal. What I did was change to mode from manual to XMP in the BIOS. My overclock is still Offset mode -0.040 @ 4.6GHz. This was one of the fixes that worked for another individual with the same problem. Time will tell whether this is just a coincidence or a genuine fix for the problem.I think Andy was right - buggy.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Hi, I've got a P8P67 rev 3.0 mobo with the well known dual-boot issue. I've tried everything, even contacted ASUS support but the issue could not be permanently cured. Now I am considering to RMA the board and go for a Z series one. Now the question: can the MOBO be exchanged without having to do a fresh re-install from scratch again? FSX is fully set up and running just great, and honestly I am not in the mood to spend 2 days on installing and tweaking it. Thanks! Robert
Robert what OS are you using? I know w/ XP when you changed motherboards unless it was the identical revision you needed to start w/ a fresh install. I'm sorry I don't really understand why but I recall hearing that from someone who should have known.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

After researching this issue I have managed to stop the dual boot when starting cold. Seems to be back to normal. What I did was change to mode from manual to XMP in the BIOS. My overclock is still Offset mode -0.040 @ 4.6GHz. This was one of the fixes that worked for another individual with the same problem. Time will tell whether this is just a coincidence or a genuine fix for the problem.I think Andy was right - buggy.
Funny you say this, I found it to be fairly the same - cold boot happened on both manual and XMP, no matter what.

Funny you say this, I found it to be fairly the same - cold boot happened on both manual and XMP, no matter what.
Hi Word Not Allowed,Time will tell, I suppose whether this is a genuine fix for me. I will be waiting for the next BIOS update. Just to clarify Word Not Allowed, your computer double boots everytime or just when started cold?

Andrew Dixon

If using Win 7 than it may crash mid way. even going into safe mode may not be possible. But if you do manage to get into safe mode than remove all drivers.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Hi Word Not Allowed,Time will tell, I suppose whether this is a genuine fix for me. I will be waiting for the next BIOS update. Just to clarify Word Not Allowed, your computer double boots everytime or just when started cold?
Sometimes only. Sometimes rarely, and sometimes a bit more often actually. But most evident in the morning, when my GF turns it on, usually at 6am.

Sometimes only. Sometimes rarely, and sometimes a bit more often actually. But most evident in the morning, when my GF turns it on, usually at 6am.
Exactly the same here. There's actually one workaround which improves the situation a bit (but only temporarliy): switch off the PSU and press the power button. For less than a second the PC will start and shut down as there is no power available. After that turn on the PSU, start the PC and see what happens - in my case, a lot less dual boots or 'nothing' (ie. black screen and nothing happens) after start. But after a while the issues become frequent again. I found this method in a forum, so it's not my invention. Robert