Sign in to follow this  
CPT.KRISTIAN

What is Prepar3D?

Al, I really don't believe LM's marketing decision has something to do with Citroen's tinplate toys history.As far as I understand Prepar3D, it's a professional training tool for home or flying schools usage and not a flagship product.
I don't mean to suggest it is David, I was merely commenting on the difference between a game and a sim in response to the suggestion earlier on in the thread that it could only be one or the other, whereas such things can clearly serve multiple purposes by being all things to all people. LM P3D's developers are on record saying anyone is welcome to try it, they're actually encouraging it, they've even done an interview in PC Pilot aimed squarely at flight simmers, none of which would have been likely if they only wanted to push it as a professional training tool alone; if that was solely the case, you'd be more likely to see such things only appearing in Flight International and magazines of that ilk, since good as it is, PC Pilot is not what I'd call a magazine for hard core simmers. After all, P3D has a P-38 fighter in it and a Constellation, how are they going to be any use for professional mission training, when there are barely any flyable ones left in existence and both of them use old navigational equipment? They're obviously in there for entertainment alone, as indeed are some of the missions that are in P3D by default. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

It is Lockheed's attempt at militarizing a GAME!
You must be confused and thought you were posting your left wing conspiracy theory on the NBC News forum. Please go elsewhere.

Eric 

You must be confused and thought you were posting your left wing conspiracy theory on the NBC News forum. Please go elsewhere.
I think he was confused by the fact that this thread is a sticky in the Flight Forum where conspiracy and speculation run rampant!

HelloP3D needs it own forum now preferably as a subforum under the Microsoft Flight Simulator section. This Simulator platform needs wider exposure at this exciting time in its development .Avsim needs to be the first place simmers come for the latest developments with P3D.

HelloP3D needs it own forum now preferably as a subforum under the Microsoft Flight Simulator section. This Simulator platform needs wider exposure at this exciting time in its development .Avsim needs to be the first place simmers come for the latest developments with P3D.
Agreed - the question is though, if under Microsoft Flight Simulator section? It ain't Microsoft product any more. Under commercial vendor, yes...

Agreed - the question is though, if under Microsoft Flight Simulator section? It ain't Microsoft product any more. Under commercial vendor, yes...
HelloIt might fit quite well under the Microsoft Flight Simulator section as it is a fork of the original code, but if not then under its own Lockheed Prepar3D section in much the same way as Xplane has its own section and subforums.Under Commercial vendors it will just get buried.Visibility and momentum is what is needed right now and Avsim need to be there.Along with a simmer friendly pricing policy from Lockheed we will then have a product we can move forward with and a clear way forward for the hobby.

HelloIt might fit quite well under the Microsoft Flight Simulator section as it is a fork of the original code, but if not then under its own Lockheed Prepar3D section in much the same way as Xplane has its own section and subforums.Under Commercial vendors it will just get buried.Visibility and momentum is what is needed right now and Avsim need to be there.Along with a simmer friendly pricing policy from Lockheed we will then have a product we can move forward with and a clear way forward for the hobby.
What is simmer-friendly for you? I find 500$ basically simmerfriendly if it's basically one-time. This ain't a game for me. It's a hobby. And people pay way more than 500$ for many hobbies. I know a friend of mine who is a train maniac...

Simmer-friendly prices like those announced by Orbx CEO, John Venema in the FTX PREPAR3D Forum: "Our commercial versions of FTX for P3D will be rolled out for the FTX regions first, then airports later. They will be a subset of the product range, not all of them.They will be priced at commercial levels from AU$4000 for NA regions and AU$7000 for all of Australia. Airports will be AU$2500 each." Just a tad more than their equivalent FSX products!

I strongly vote for it's on LH Prepar3D section. It does look like they have put out the Welcome mat for simmers and under that platform I think we will be able to function as a true hobby rather than outlaws from the Microsoft gaming world. LM is a large company and I don't think they want to be thought off as an extention of Microsoft.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Simmer-friendly prices like those announced by Orbx CEO, John Venema in the FTX PREPAR3D Forum: "Our commercial versions of FTX for P3D will be rolled out for the FTX regions first, then airports later. They will be a subset of the product range, not all of them.They will be priced at commercial levels from AU$4000 for NA regions and AU$7000 for all of Australia. Airports will be AU$2500 each." Just a tad more than their equivalent FSX products!
Mike, that is a bit mis-leading. Those prices or for an entirely different area of the product line. It is no different than the Flight 1 Tech products that Jim has pointed to for years when discussing price matters. It carries not only advanced developement cost but heavy liability also. Think FAA certified training for example.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

It is Lockheed's attempt at militarizing a GAME!
I find that remark to be offensive and this is not the place for it. Period....People and threads have been locked out this week for less.

Sam

I find that remark to be offensive and this is not the place for it. Period....People and threads have been locked out this week for less.
You certainly have that right, I find myself logging in at AVSIM with trepidation!

You certainly have that right, I find myself logging in at AVSIM with trepidation!
Fair enough and I respect your views but just don't think it helps with all the stuff already going on in the hobby.

Sam

Folks, This is the 4th thread about Prepar3D.The three previous ones have been locked.Please keep this one civilized for the good of everyone.Thx!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.