Sign in to follow this  
WestJetter

Global Gateways Virtual Airlines Uses Complete PMDG fleet

Guys we want to hear from you!! If there's anything you want to see In the virtual airline feel free to discuss

I've been thinking about Joining a VA, and Global Gateways looks interesting.Could you please give a bit more detail regarding what is required of pilots? For example,1) Are a certain number of flights/hours required per month?2) What (if any) ACARS type software do pilots need to install?3) Does it matter if flights are online or offline?4) Must flights be done in real time, or can the time and date be set as required (think 44-year-old with full-time job and even fuller-time wife and toddler)?5) What will be the policy on time acceleration/pausing/saving/re-loading flights (think as 4, plus FSX glitches)?6) Etc, blah blah blah...

Regards,

PD

I've been thinking about Joining a VA, and Global Gateways looks interesting.Could you please give a bit more detail regarding what is required of pilots? For example,1) Are a certain number of flights/hours required per month?2) What (if any) ACARS type software do pilots need to install?3) Does it matter if flights are online or offline?4) Must flights be done in real time, or can the time and date be set as required (think 44-year-old with full-time job and even fuller-time wife and toddler)?5) What will be the policy on time acceleration/pausing/saving/re-loading flights (think as 4, plus FSX glitches)?6) Etc, blah blah blah...
Hey Phillip, Glad to see your interest and I would be glad to answer your questions. 1) We haven't made a final decision on that yet but i would guess that you may have to fly maybe once a month to keep activity up. Again it is about you we want to ensure that you have the best experience possible. 2) We are looking into that, it looks like the program KACARS is coming out ahead right now, but our goal for the future is to design and create our own system. 3) Nope, you may fly online or offline. No restrictions will be in place. We do encourage you to take part in our events but this will not be necessary. 4) Flights can be done whenever. It would be silly to think you could depart on the exact time. Although we do encourage this for more realism when possible. 5) There will be no accelerating flights. This takes the fun and a lot of the realism out of the experience. I dont see pausing as a problem at all. On the Saving Loading, this may not be possible then the ACARS client is running. May cancel your flight when you exit. 6) We really will be providing a lot of features that will make it one of the most realistic Virtual Airlines out there. There will also be the option to be very casual with your flying. Everyone gets a different experience out of it. We want to provide that freedom or that realism. Thank you for your time Phillip and please check this thread for current and future updates on our progress!! Sincerely,Brad CherringtonPresident & CEOGlobal Gateways Virtual Airlines

I am intrigued by this...count me in :)
Great to hear! We would love to have you! SIncerely,Brad CherringtonPresident & CEOGlobal Gateway Virtual Airlines

Brad, thanks for the info. I am definitely interested, and will look out for updates.

Regards,

PD

Hi Brad ,Count me in too , sounds good .
Great to hear! Stay tuned for updates! Sincerely,Brad CherringtonPresident & CEOGlobal Gateways Virtual Airlines

Great to hear!Stay tuned for updates!Sincerely,Brad CherringtonPresident & CEOGlobal Gateways Virtual Airlines
Anything going on with this?

Anything going on with this?
Yes, It is coming along. We are currently developing the website and routes,timetables ect. We are hoping to be up before Christmas, but nothing is guaranteed as the whole team does have a life going on out of the flight sim community. We will do our best to get it out for you guys though!! Sincerely,Brad CherringtonPresident & CEOGlobal Gateways Virtual Airlines

Hi Brad,Wishing you well in your developments. Please count me as very interested.Past experience has shown me that great care is needed in deciding on the formality/informality boundaries. Too relaxed and the experience ceases to be that of flying for an airline; too restrictive policies and people find them unachievable in their busy private lives; too 'bossy' and members get switched off.As a B744 captain of many years, I want the challenges of the long sectors, and I want to be able to fly the long sectors in segments on different days.An important element of airline simulation is the requirement to fly an aircraft that is available at an airport to its next destination. This means that the VA has to store the aircraft files for download by the pilot, and for upload to the VA site at completion of the sector (this was a mechanism called FlightLine used in the old days with B744s flown with the PS1 simulator).Wishing you well,

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Hey all,We are always looking for help in the development stages. If you would be willing to help that would be fantastic. Thanks. Please PM me if your interested in becoming part of a diverse team!Sincerely,Brad CherringtonPresident & CEOGlobal Gateways Virtual Airlines

Hi, wrote you a pm yesterday Westjetter, but count me in as well. :-)Best regardsJakob

737 CL/NG skysurfer

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg2zzdi.jpg