Sign in to follow this  
Danielw597

Ultimate Traffic 2 Problem?

Hey guys. I've been using Ultimate Traffic 2 for a month or so now and at first it worked perfectly, I could sit at an airport and just watch plane after plane land, and take off.However, I've noticed recently that there just isn't as much traffic in the skys as their was when I first used it, I noticed it when I was in Tokyo when I would only see 1 or 2 Ultimate Traffic AI's, and a couple of default FSX AI's in Cessnas. To confirm that it wasn't just the area I was in, I went to Hartsfield Atlanta at 5pm and looked around the airport, there was more AI's but the majority of them were just FSX's AI planes, with again, only a couple of the Ultimate Traffic AI's. I was wondering if I am missing an option anywhere or if there is something else wrong.Thanks,Daniel.

I wouldn't recommend to run UT2 and the default traffic together. So maybe adjust the traffic sliders in FSX to zero, they don't affect the UT2 AI.For those you would have to go into the UT2 interface and adjust the settings there. Maybe try that and increase the scheduled traffic. Be aware that the schedule dependency of UT2 leads to 'high noon' and much calmer times at airports.

I forgot to add I did remove the default AI for a short moment to see if any difference was made but it didn't. Alright I'll try increasing the traffic when I'm next on, I don't remember changing any settings whatsoever so it's quite confusing that it seems to have changed like this. Also, what do you mean by, "Be aware that the schedule dependency of UT2 leads to 'high noon' and much calmer times at airports."? Thanks

You are right, sounds cryptic in a way.You will see that the scheduled part of the traffic really does what it's supposed to do, behave along the lines of the actual schedule. So you will see some busy times and some calmer ones at airports. For details on this, I'm the wrong guy and the official UT2 forums will surely be the best place to ask. In the UT2 interface, you can even look at a special place and time and get a nice pdf with the scheduled flights on it. For details on this, consult the manual if you like.Also, the Flight1 guys offer some schedule updates to stay somehow current in regard with the real world traffic.

One possibility.. under Utilities->In Game Settings there's an option "Target FSX frame rate". If it's not set to OFF it can reduce your traffic drastically if you don't have enough FPS. Why do you want default AI's if you have UT2?