Sign in to follow this  
ridge57

FSX 3D Virtual Cockpit Autopilot Bug Adjustments ?

Using FSX in windows XP with CH Pro Yoke and Pedals. I'm trying to use 3D virtual cockpit exclusively rather than 2D in preparation for my next major add-od, TrackIR 5. My problem is making adjustments for Autopilot altitude, vertical rate of climb or descent, Heading and Airspeed. When I pan over and zoom in to adjust the altitude, heading and airspeed and place the mouse on the plus or minus bug, the mouse moves off of the bug when the aircraft starts to respond. I'm thinking the easiest way to correct this problem is to program some buttons on my CH Yoke and make the adjustments without having to pan and zoom. I've managed to program buttons on the CH Yoke for increase and decrease .I've also figured out how to assign the CH Yoke buttons to select Autopilot Altitude and Autopilot Heading Bug changes. There is a keyboard shortcut for Autopilot Airspeed Bug Select (Ctrl+Shift+R) but when I go into Options > Controls > Buttons/Keys, I cannot find this listed. My question is, how do I program a button on my CH Yoke for a shortcut that exists but isn't listed. The same holds true for Autopilot Altitude Rate of Decent/Climb. Some of the options I'm looking into include, FSUIPC, CH Control Manager and Roger Dodger Avaition Keyboard Mods. Does anyone have any experience with any of these as far as what I'm trying to accomplish ? Thanks, Lee

Lee, you've chosen a very small font there. wink.png Regarding TrackIR, you can define a button for 'pause', so you could turn your head, command 'pause' and adjust the maybe tricky clickspot.If you map that button to your mouse (which you are using anyway, for adjusting the setting), you can even be very fast and precise there and don't have to map each and every function to a joystick button. Same goes for EZCA, if you use it. You can also define a sort of 'stop' button there, which can be mapped to e. g. the mouse. Works fine here, so I'll leave it as a tip. The credits go to someone else though.

Guest jahman

And also program another button for TrackIR view reset. Cheers, - jahman.