Sign in to follow this  
Freefly

Select STAR and Freeze

flyin a online leg LOWI-EDDS ..approaching Stuttgart and play arround with some STARs...select TEKSI4A for approach, edit some waypoints and failed..select teksi4a star again andhere we go .... Freeze!I am sure it has something to do with the AIRAC navdatabase..had the same problem with the MD11 before.obv PMDG planes dont like playin with SID/STARS to much.

obv PMDG planes dont like playin with SID/STARS to much.
Not the case at all. I always use SIDs and STARs when flying the NGX. It handles them flawlessly, despite any editing of waypoints, cross restrictions, speed restrictions and the like. Are you trying to load from a saved flight?

Not tryin to load a saved flight.Try a little more with the NGX the last Night and i can REPRODUCE the freeze.Change STAR a few Times trigger the Freeze.Maybe i do something wrong when play with STAR and that is the trigger.How do you change STAR a second time?

I had this one when changing my star to a different one, but often I dont change my stars during flight

You should be able to change a STAR without a freeze - I've certainly done that more than once. Maybe post the steps that led to the freeze - PMDG might be interested, in case this is something that is not already covered in the coming service pack.

flyin a online leg LOWI-EDDS ..approaching Stuttgart and play arround with some STARs...select TEKSI4A for approach, edit some waypoints and failed..select teksi4a star again andhere we go .... Freeze!
Same here! Fooling around with the stars in flight causes a freeze.

I would suggest opening cases with PMDG support and ensuring you provide concise step by step instructions to recreate the freeze.

I would suggest opening cases with PMDG support and ensuring you provide concise step by step instructions to recreate the freeze.
Hi John, I prefer to solve the problem myself or with help from NGX users before opening a ticket. I think the workload on the tech staff is high enough already.

IMO, if it was an AIRac problem (data does not change) it would happen to everyone.Quick test would be at the gate ... fool around changing destinations ... SIDs and STARs. No runied on line flights!

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW