Sign in to follow this  
Circletoland

VIDEO Real Boeing 737 NG Cockpit selection of approach VREF Speed Flaps 15

Could just be different software versions between that video and the NGX

Could just be different software versions between that video and the NGX
Maybe. It looks like the NGX treats the computed flaps 15 value as an upper limit for any manual FLAP/SPD entry. You can set the flaps 15 VREF to a lower speed, but not to a higher speed. I'm not convinced this makes sense, but then I'm no RW NG pilot.

Actually, I tried this to set the lower VREF associated with the short field package. I must admit, I was suprised at the time that it wouldn't let me.

Sorry, I don't really get what the 6R is for, even not from the FCOM. At the end of the vid you change it to +15 - but does that have an effect on anything? Could you, for example, select a higher wind correction, THEN select flap/VREF and it would take the higher number into account when e. g. letting VNAV handle speeds on final? Actually I should try that, but any additional info would be welcome just as well. sig.gif Oh, and thanks for posting the vid... *wink* Big%20Grin.gif

Edited by badderjet

Sorry, I don't really get what the 6R is for, even not from the FCOM. At the end of the vid you change it to +15 - but does that have an effect on anything? Could you, for example, select a higher wind correction, THEN select flap/VREF and it would take the higher number into account when e. g. letting VNAV handle speeds on final?
Hi Etienne, Exactly! Thats for VNAV Approaches.

Totally cool! smile.png Now I was busy trying other things, but I haven't forgotten it's on my to do list for tomorrow. sig.gif

Remember guys, Vnav approaches are as of yet not fully implemented. You can simulate them, sure, but not with all the bells and whistles. I remember reading this in a couple of threads. Please correct me if I´m mistaken. I do remember someone from PMDG saying it will be available in future blocks.

TABS did say that this was a costumer option that must have been installed in that NG.

Both VNAV and IAN approaches work on the NGX. The purpose of selecting a VRef on the Approach Ref page is to place the VRef bug on the speed tape. It is a little bit annoying to have it lower than it is suppose to be, although you could always override it with the bug selecter knobs over the EICAS.

Remember guys, Vnav approaches are as of yet not fully implemented. You can simulate them, sure, but not with all the bells and whistles. I remember reading this in a couple of threads. Please correct me if I´m mistaken. I do remember someone from PMDG saying it will be available in future blocks.
LNAV/VNAV approaches are modeled as in the real! No bells and whistles... See my video:
Cheers,Berni