Sign in to follow this  
Ioan92

Question about callouts.

Hi everyone, I have a tiny question to ask the developers, So we all know that there are multiple callout options in the NGX and I'm wondering, since in the aircraft registration file, the type of callouts is chosen by a number, like 0 and 1. So I'd like to add British Airways callouts which are the female sounding ones and I was wondering if they could just be selected by typing the next numerical value in the ini file instead of just replacing the callout WAVs. Thank you in advance.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Sorry, I don't really get it. What would "the femals callouts" be? The number in the INI simply adjusts the OFF, SMART or ON value that is also directly selectable via the FMS Options Menu. Other than that the sounds are provided as plain WAV files, check out the respective PMDG sound folders and you'll find what you need to replace, should you feel you need to. sig.gif

Sorry, I don't really get it. What would "the femals callouts" be? The number in the INI simply adjusts the OFF, SMART or ON value that is also directly selectable via the FMS Options Menu. Other than that the sounds are provided as plain WAV files, check out the respective PMDG sound folders and you'll find what you need to replace, should you feel you need to. sig.gif
You know, the ones spoken by an old lady: Radio Altimeter, 50 above and decide as in this video right here:

I have these specific callouts, I'm asking if I can put them in the sounds folder and simply have PMDG detect them in the option menu and be able to change to those. Edited by Ioan92

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Ah, ok. Well, in that case a simple try would've gotten you to your goal already. tongue.png Backup your originals and just name the sounds you wish to use appropriately, and copy them into the sound folder. The gauge system will simply look for a file that has this particular name, and it won't perform a gender check on it. biggrin.png I did pretty much the same thing to the radio altitude callouts as I happened to have some better quality files lying around, so I can say for sure it'll work just fine. sig.gif

Ah, ok. Well, in that case a simple try would've gotten you to your goal already. tongue.png Backup your originals and just name the sounds you wish to use appropriately, and copy them into the sound folder. The gauge system will simply look for a file that has this particular name, and it won't perform a gender check on it. biggrin.png I did pretty much the same thing to the radio altitude callouts as I happened to have some better quality files lying around, so I can say for sure it'll work just fine. sig.gif
Nono, I know I can just rename them and it will work. tongue.png I mean just placing them in the folder and choosing to use them from onboard the NG, with the settings menu! :D But I guess you're right, I should just try and see, will do :)

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Well, you have the settings on and off (0/1). Whatever file you place will be played when the setting is set to on, otherwise you'll be greeted with silence... That's how the game works. At least you can't have "both" sounds selectable at the same time, let along make them company specific. So if you have BA sounds in there, you'll have BA sounds everywhere. Simple as that. wink.pngsig.gif

Aha, I see. I was thinking of a 2nd switch that would enable multiple different company callouts. Then I see nothing wrong in replacing the RAD ALT / 50 and MINS callouts although the 50 is a bit of a problem since I use it one other liveries, well I guess I'll have to switch files! :) Thanks for your help, Etienne :(

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Well you could create one or two batch files that would take care of the problem. I'm pretty much convinced this would also work "on the fly" more or less, so you could most likely leave FSX running but just need to reload the NGX (or load other plane, run batch, then reload NGX, as you'd usually do in order to not mess things up). Then you could place the batches either in your start menu, quick start (XP) or task bar (W7) or on the desktop. Probably a handy idea. sig.gif EDIT - Ah well, obviously you might need to drop the idea of the 50' callout, as the gauge is hardcoded to play the file hundred above, not fifty. Oh well. tongue.png

Edited by badderjet