Sign in to follow this  
SteveW

Starting Radar Contact moves my aircraft

I start a flight in FSX, load the plan, it places me on a parking space, go to RC, load the plan, start RC and the plane moves instantly into the woods! Any ideas? The RC window comes up and I can talk to ATC fine and do the flight.Regards;Steve

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

have you rebuilt the rc scenery database? have you placed the aircraft at the departure airport before clicking start rc button? jd

I got makerunways.exe latest version. I run FSX, choose a plane, airport, parking place, and make a plan, then start the flight and save the flight (.FLT). So I can load the fight with the plan in FSX or "open with" from explorer. If I run from the .FLT all is well. I engage RC and the aircraft moves to the dead center of the airport. So I end RC, and leave FSX running. if I again load the .FLT i'm where I wanted to be again.This time when I engage RC it starts without moving the plane.Is this right? Best regards;Steve

The .FLT i'm loading has Pause=TrueIf I unpause the loaded flight first, then engage RC all works fine!All OK off the bat if I load an unpused .FLT in the first place.Cheers!

is there a reason to load a new .flt everytime? can you start with a default .flt, load you .pln which moves the plane, and then you're good to go. jd