Sign in to follow this  
quadraspleen

Controller failure

Hi,Been away. Was too busy before I left to get properly stuck in to NGX. NOw I have returned, and got hold of Tom Risagers most excellent and informed "readers digest" of the equally excellent, but swede-creaming PMDG docs. I'm starting from scratch but as soon as I enter the cockpit my controllers stop working. I can't pan; change views nor activate any controller assigned action. I have obviously checked that it works in other payware and FSX aircraft, and it's fine. I use EZdok, and interestingly, even if I use EZStudio I cannot change the view; it's as if the input into the sim via the controller or any proxy thereof stops working.I can still change views via the keyboard and operate switches and stuff using the mouse, but I have no control surface control, so to speak. Is this the "freeze" that people speak of? Is there a fix? I have done a search on "joystick stops working" and not come up with much. Thanks in advance jake SPECS i7 2600k o/c12gb XMP DDR3VelociraptorSaitek Cyborg USB joystick

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I can still change views via the keyboard and operate switches and stuff using the mouse, but I have no control surface control, so to speak.
Ref: Movement of Control Surfaces, with your controller: Untill you start the engine / get Hydraulic pressure, I don't believe you will have much movement of your control surfaces. The PMDG 737NGX requires a little more than just jumping into the cockpit, hitting CTRL-E, and off we go. You really have to read some/(all) of the manuals.

Hi,Been away. Was too busy before I left to get properly stuck in to NGX. NOw I have returned, and got hold of Tom Risagers most excellent and informed "readers digest" of the equally excellent, but swede-creaming PMDG docs. I'm starting from scratch but as soon as I enter the cockpit my controllers stop working. I can't pan; change views nor activate any controller assigned action. I have obviously checked that it works in other payware and FSX aircraft, and it's fine. I use EZdok, and interestingly, even if I use EZStudio I cannot change the view; it's as if the input into the sim via the controller or any proxy thereof stops working.I can still change views via the keyboard and operate switches and stuff using the mouse, but I have no control surface control, so to speak. Is this the "freeze" that people speak of? Is there a fix? I have done a search on "joystick stops working" and not come up with much. Thanks in advance jake SPECS i7 2600k o/c12gb XMP DDR3VelociraptorSaitek Cyborg USB joystick
Open up FSX Controllers to see if by any chance you have not unticked 'Enable Controller'. Same happened to me.

Hi Geoff, Thanks for your reply. I am aware I cannot just jump into the plane and take off. That's why I am using Tom's excellent tutorial. I am an avid follower of all "full-realism" payware sims that offer full startup procedures. I have read a lot of the PMDG stuff but Tom's pdf is too good and easy to follow for the time-limited VP. Forget the part about control surfaces (although I have an engines started save where I still cannot move control surfaces) my real issue is with the fact that as soon as I enter the cockpit, my joystick and all its buttons stop working. I cannot pan the view, nor change the view, nor can I change the view with EZstudio. This is not right. There are about twenty in-cockpit views that I should be able to cycle through using two assigned buttons on my stick. They stop working in NGX even though the assignments are still there, and it is fine in all other planes. I have noticed that I can pan for about two to three seconds after it loads the plane but then it's gone and at whatever aspect I had the pan; if I was panned out the left-hand cockpit window that's where it stays. Only quitting FSX (or loading another plane) will bring it back. Thanks Hi Rick, checked all that. I can move it in properties when i have clicked calibrate in FSX. The hat moves the little red arrows. Quit back to FSX and it isn't there Thanks

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Are these views set up with ezca? If so, did you re-initialize it after installing the ngx?

Hi Ken, I did, yes. And again this evening after installing the August 16th update. No joy. Do you think it might be EZCA related? it still works in all other AC Thanks

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Do you think I should open a ticket? Should I wait until after SP1? Have I missed something? Thanks

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Hi Ken, I did, yes. And again this evening after installing the August 16th update. No joy. Do you think it might be EZCA related? it still works in all other AC Thanks
I don't know. I just remembered reading somewhere that you should reinitialize it after adding an aircraft, so I thought it might have been that. EDIT: If someone doesn't chime in with a possible solution I think I'd open a support ticket.

Thanks Mikael, I am already using that profile..I'm going to open a ticket. Hopefully this will be an SP1-fixed issue

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Hi, please report if the problem is solved, i have the same issue after landing and disconnecting the Autobrake via my Joystick, after that the Joystick is disconnected and can´t be reconnected

I've opened a ticket; I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks for all the replies

JAKE EYRE
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg