Sign in to follow this  
Gabster

Vibrating/blurring textures

Hey Guys,I did read a lot about the FSX Tweaks yet and with one of Bojotes Topics I realized that first the Hardware should be set up right before I go tweaking. By now I did both without any success. My Problem is the following:Whenever I fly a turn I have a strange Problem, it seems not to be the stuttering most peaople have. With unlimited frames I have the known hard Stuttering of the whole screen every 2 seconds. With limited frames to 30 (intern & extern) it is running fast with no stuttering or micro stuttering. But with kinda blurring vibrating ground. It looks like I have some frames next to each other and not in right overlay or like the GPU is rendering for 3D. Like when you shake a photo very fast from left to right. As it is still running very fast and flying straight is no problem and even turning around the plain in F11 is very fast I dont think it is any kind of hardware weakness/overstress.This is my Hardware, all new:I7 2600K @3,4 (4,4 is possible but I first want FSX running stable as recommended)ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3, Intel P67HyperTh. is on2*4GB Kingston HyperX T1 DDR3-1600 CL9HD 6950 2GB Dirt EditionVGA Screen @ analog dual dvi to vga.60Hzfresh Win 7 - 64bit on 1st SSD SATA3FSX SP1 + Acceleration+REX, all on 2nd SSD SATA3All Drivers should be up to dateCatalyst Center installed (seems to always overwrite FSX!? Seen with AA setting)No ATI Tray ToolThis is what I tried:FlusiFix (Poolsize @ 0,4000,10.000.000, reducing dynamic object per cell)Framelimiter @30frames unlimited and limited in FSXBojotes FSX Profile + VSync is onlowest FSX setting @1024*768 on VGA1900*1080 @hdmi on TFTall setting in CCC on and off. (swichting over from nvidia I was not finding as many setting in the CCC as before:(DX9 & 10It all shows the same result. With unlimited frames strong stuttering, no blurring/vibrating. With limited frames very strong vibration/blurring of the textures, not only some objects, the complete ground but no stuttering at all. have to check for the clouds, I think they worked.I am not sure if that is an AMD Radeon issue because I have never seen this kind of rendering with my old nvidia gts 512MB.Any Idea is appriciated - I am not sure what to do next as bojote pointed out that all tweaking requires a stable and good running FSX as a basis - what confused me a little bit. And I dont want to set all possible setting to the very lowest as my PC should be able to make it at least in the same way my old one did it.I am trying for days now with no luck.Thanks for any Help or advise for what to search! Gabriel Furchert, Germany

"stable" means no flashing, no CTD, no black screens, Gabriel. Simply go here:- http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/overclocking/39184-p67-sandy-bridge-overclocking-guide-beginners.html and move that 2600 K up to 4.5 gig and then let's see what she's doing! You might add FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION= 0.20 under [Main]. Lower is smoother still, but not much lower, otherwise you'll have blurries.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks for your quick response. I'll try FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION. I already have professional Bios Profiles for the overclocking but thanks for the Link =)Isnt it wasting power overclocking just to get what I had before on a not overclocked system with even weaker Graphic Card and RAM? Even the lowest setting didnt solve my Texture-Problem so I came to the conclusion that it is not the CPU.Gabriel

No luck with the fiber_frame_time_fraction. What ever setting I apply - nothing changes the behavior I see. The whole screen is like displayed three times next to each other. Flying a turn over the runway I can see 3 runway lines. And everything vibrating. The lower I set the frame rate the worse this effect gets. Setting frames unlimitted eliminates this error but results in stuttering every 2 seconds.Gabriel

Update: I set my CPU to 4,4GHZ and startet with a blank cfg applying bojotes files and playing with bufferpools and fiber_frame_time_fraction. It is like FSX ignores what I set in the cfg. Even with the overclocked system it is the same! Stuttering @ unlimited frames and a strong vibration of texture with limited frames.There seems to be a bottleneck anywhere I cannot find.

Have you checked to see what is running in the background, like antivirus, etc. Just a thought. fisheye

no Anti virus installed. All Auto updates off. Only AI Suite and TurboV is on what belongs to the mainboard. Turbo V is adjusting the CPU speed. Again I think it is more a misconfiguration or missing setting than an overload ;-/Switched off HyperTh. -> no change...

It kind of sounds like VSync isn't being enabled even though you've set it. That "tearing" effect would be a result of this. Overclocking or upgrading your system won't fix that - you may get a higher framerate, but that doesn't mean it's perfectly synchronized with the signal of your monitor. This results in two separate frames being displayed at once on your monitor, one being a split second "behind" the other. In theory, a stable framerate of 30 FPS should sync with a monitor running at 60Hz, even without Vsync. But in reality this almost never happens, because one second you may be getting 29.95 FPS, and th e next 30.05. The framerate limiter doesn't adapt instantly and perfectly to the ever changing conditions in FSX. That's why you need to figure out why VSync isn't being enabled.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I switched VSync on and the result was that some sort of tearing disapeared. With Vsync off I had the effect, that every 200px from top to bottom of the screen the image was "shifted". I thought that was what people mean when they talk about tearing. I got my Screen on 85Herz now.I wonder why it works when I turn the camera arround the plane very fast in flight.

Thanks pj, yes that is tearing as I had it before I switched vsync on. This one is gone but the crazy vibrating screen remains and becomes worse with lower framerates. Its like I am drunk ( I am not!:), its all double displayed the faster i fly a turn, like the frames jump -5px to the left and back, so fast that there is a double picture :-/ No tearing - no stuttering. I cannot make a screenshot of that - does that mean anything? A permanent double load of a frame or tearing could be captured.Gabriel

Thanks pj, yes that is tearing as I had it before I switched vsync on. This one is gone but the crazy vibrating screen remains and becomes worse with lower framerates. Its like I am drunk ( I am not!:), its all double displayed the faster i fly a turn, like the frames jump -5px to the left and back, so fast that there is a double picture :-/ No tearing - no stuttering. I cannot make a screenshot of that - does that mean anything? A permanent double load of a frame or tearing could be captured. Gabriel
I understand your point. Your "problem" is inherent of setting the FPS to 30 fps. With this setting FSX is stable with no stutters or microstutters...BUT: 30 fps is not enough for your eyes (or brains) to accept this as fluent. There is a easy comparison for this: Make a flight with the default 737 on KSEA and take off the runway. First use internal FPS limited to 30 fps. You see the shocking effect of the ground textures (as if you were drunk). Now put the internal FPS to 60 FPS and all is fluent with no stutters (if your Monitor refresh rate is 60 hz). I looked into this matter and found out that it depends on how you look at the sim. Some people find fluently sim experience at 24 fps. Some at 30 fps and others only at 60 fps. If the FPS are limited to your monitor refreshrate, all is super smooth. Below that, it is different. Some people say: movies are shot in 24 fps so everything with a fps of above 24 is sufficient for our brains. This is not true as you will experience with setting fps to 60 (the same as monitor refreshrate). My point is: you can see a big difference between 24 fps / 30 fps and 60 fps. Above 60 I don''t see the diference anymore. My advice to you is: set your monitor refresh rate to 60hz and put your fsx internal fps limiter to 60 fps. If you fly default planes or you fly in no heavy sceneries, this will be ok. If you fly add-on planes and heavy add-on scenery, put the fps limiter to 30 fps. With 30 fps you will experience some "vibrating" textures but this is just the way it is. Accept that you can't have a sim working at 60 fps at all times and just enjoy the 30 fps and fly away....

With 30 fps you will experience some "vibrating" textures but this is just the way it is. Accept that you can't have a sim working at 60 fps at all times and just enjoy the 30 fps and fly away....
Thanks PaoloA, I allready tried different Framerates and yes 60 frames works a little better but comes along with stuttering. I am pretty sure it is not my brain;-) I used 30 fps always in FSX with my old Hardware (dual core 3,2Ghz,, GTS 512MB, same screen) and it was no problem. I got me a new PC @ 4,4Ghz and HD 6970 2GB to have better experience with add ons and better graphics but not to lose performance compared to before.Again, the problem is not that it is unsharp or to slow. It loads very fast and its all sharp and somehow fluent but doubled image.Gabriel

Did you set your monitor refreshrate to 60Hz and fps at 60 fps? This is key...85 hz is not good, only if you set fps at 85 fps. So please check again with monitor refreshrate at 60hz