Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

Panel Freeze.....

Have just joined the panel freeze club. Been flying this bird since release, have flown all over the US and Europe, never had a panel freeze until today. On decent to LAX, FL240, Was putting in star in FMC then it would not execute, slowly the systems went off line one by one, the last thing working was the MCP, then that stooped as well, did not freeze, but did not function. Roll on SP1 Yoke and pedals stooped as well. Pulled the plug and replaced, nothing, no hat switch, nothing. Having to bow out after a 5 hour flight is not fun when your so close to destination.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Totally cool. I actually thought that one fix Tabs gave me shortly after relase cured the problem (it did until now), but just a second ago I was greeted by another freeze. The first one after WEEKS of silence. Although that probably doesn't mean too much after all as I only have that one fix installed, no other hotfix, so I'll hope for the SP. And, needless to say, totally not reproducable, as always. Just happened during flare at LOWI, at 30' RA the controls were cut out, no more way to control the aircraft using the joystick. Somehow managed to grease her down still (or should I say she actually greased down herself in that case), F2 would still get the revs out, and the brake pedals also continued to work. Still, freeze is freeze. sig.gif

I have never had any panel freeze until today when I tryed some touch and go's happens each time on my third touch and go

Yeah it's interesting, eh, this freeze today also happened after a few subsequent flights. Not sure if that's significant though. sig.gif

I had my first freeze while on a STAR into KSLC. It happened when I tried to enter a speed and altitude restriction at one of the waypoints in the STAR. My controls froze in addition to the panel, and no cycling of the views or disconnecting the controls had any effect on the freeze. I have the latest version of the NGX installed and I am using FSX with Acceleration and Windows 7 64. Everything about my OS/FSX install is configured according to NickN's guide as well as the introduction guidelines by PMDG.

It seems that messing with STARS while in-flight can cause freezes. I my self experienced the first freeze since the release occurred due messing with the STARS and entering restrictions. I have not installed any hot-fixes what so ever.

It's the same for me !!I got several panel or fs freezes, each time while adjusting FMC in descent (STAR, restrictions, ...)I add I was using FMC 2D view if it can help.I've done all tweaks proposed in NGX introduction.I'm using Active Sky Advanced SP3, FSUIPC registered, FSRealTime. Yvan PERO.

Yvan PERO - LH450

YvanPERO.png

I have had freezes by adjusting the FMC and changing VOR frequencies in flight. I have also had freezes every time I fly a STAR to the south from Brisbane YBBN and every time I approach Perth YPPH from the north. I can take off from Perth and fly a STAR to the east with out a freeze though. It really annoys you when you have just flown for 3 hours only to freeze 30 miles out! Brett Williamson

Same here last night, arriving KPHX, winds had change at airport so went to FMC to change RWY and right after I did the entire panel froze, plane kept going, but nothing inside the cockpit worked... :(

Open a ticket with PMDG. They have the best information and can ensure the problem gets fixed.