Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

"Shimmering" instruments in vc

I have personally found that following the PMDG settings and using 8SQ and 2x supersampling gets rid of shimmering in the VC. Still get some around the airport though. 8S just did not do it for my setup.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I have personally found that following the PMDG settings and using 8SQ and 2x supersampling gets rid of shimmering in the VC. Still get some around the airport though. 8S just did not do it for my setup.
Hello, it is absolute right! And it is also right using 8xS + 4xSS. These problems come out when running very complex airport addons, while with default airports the problem is not. Shimmering problems are related to trees and very thin object. They blink too much.In these weeks I have tried many times and different graphics settings.Now I am testing this one: 8xQ (Multisampling) + 4xSGSS (or 2xSGSS). Well, the frame impact is quite low and I have beautiful static trees and thin objects.I have read several times that dealing with Supersampling transparency allows to fix shimmering, but it is absolute wrong! I have tried also 8xSS but no luck.Bye.

Testing now again 8xQ + 4xSGSS over Baltic Sea. As I remembered well this kinda configuration (using Sparse Grid SS as transparency filter) has a huge impact on fps over water*. FPS down @ 15-18, while on the ground I had in VC about 25. The simulation over water is visibly slow.Reducing water effects on FSX menu I got a great fps improvement to 50-60, always over water, but unfortunately the water is very ugly, because there is no sun light effect and waves, only a boring blu like in FS2004 default water!So now it seems I do progress in some perspectives (shimmering objects), but get a loss in other (performance over the water). What I have to do now? Next time I will try to use less detailed REX water textures and maintain 2x Low as water effects to understand if I have a better perfomance.What sense to use REX at 1024 pixel for water textures and having a boring static blu for the water?Bye.(*) = I use REX textures for water at maximum resolution and water effects on FSX at 2x Low.