Having been off from flying the MD-11 since the 737NGX came out, I seem to have forgotten how to manually input the From/To when programming the flightplan in the FMC, or I am doing something wrong because when I just input the Dep/Arr in the From/To after the IRSs are initialised,the entire sim goes into a lock-up mode, then after re-starting FSX, I then have to create a flightplan in FSC v9 to get the FMC to accept a Co-Route flightplan. Unfortunately, Aivlasoft's export to the PMDG Flightplans folder will not accept any flightplan, e.g. OMDBLSZH01.rte which is why I've to go the manual input method. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

I do not believe the the PMDG will accept a company route of OMDBLSZH01. I have not had issues getting the company routes imported before, but my route names are always departure airport then arrival airport (omdblszh.rte). When entering the airports into the from/to entries, the proper format would be OMDB/LSZH

I do not believe the the PMDG will accept a company route of OMDBLSZH01. I have not had issues getting the company routes imported before, but my route names are always departure airport then arrival airport (omdblszh.rte). When entering the airports into the from/to entries, the proper format would be OMDB/LSZH
Thank you Brandon. I'm fully aware of what the format should be,but if you do a 'Rte Copy' save from within the FMC, PMDG itself saves it with a numerical affix e.g.OMDBLSZH001.rte which can then be re-imported from within the FMC at a later date. So your opening line does not hold true. My issue is trying to input the Start airport in the 'From' field and the Destination airport in the 'To' field. Somebody had given me the solution to this a long while back when using the MD-11 in FS2004 but I have lost track of that answer.

If you load the from and to fields it will automaticly find and load a saved route.
Thanks Kevin. Unfortunately, it does not. I have tried to load an FSX-created IFR XXXXYYYY.pln, in the From/To fields, no joy. It just freezes the sim and I then have to re-start all over again as I get the inevitable FSX ..........Not Responding. The annoying part is that somebody had told me how to do this in FS9 but I cannot remember how as I had parked the MD-11 in FSX.