Sign in to follow this  
sdspinelli

New Products

I have a quick question, I was wondering if now that PMDG has developed a new technology for the 737 ngx, that now new releases will come sooner and more on time? I know that the technology is new but are you actually modulate it into new products like the q400 and the 777? And by the way what stages are the Q and the 777 at now? ~Thanks!Stephen Spinelli

We don't know for sure what variant of the Dash 8 it will be, or whether its the Bombardier branded version.

Inactive

According to PMDG they stated they were doing the 200/300 series. Majestic is already doing the q400 which looks like it is the same depth of systems as PMDG products.

In the maner that PMDG goes about producing their products - with exacting detail and relentless testing - their next products probably will not come to market so quickly, I´d say within a year we will probably start seeing renderings of their 777.Even if it does share some of the NGX logic, the 777 (or whatever other aircraft is lined up next) are different airplanes with different systems and thus will have to developed practically from zero.Remember how exacting Mr. Randazzo was with simulating the NGX systems down to the dot? Imagine how its going to be with a 777?ohmy.pngThis is not a critique in any way, just a cold-blooded opinion.Go PMDG!smile.png

With fly-by-wire systems, I'll bet getting handling charactersitics may be easier, then again, programming drooping ailerons and the lot will be a task.

Inactive

According to PMDG they stated they were doing the 200/300 series. Majestic is already doing the q400 which looks like it is the same depth of systems as PMDG products.
I'll be interested to see if this statement is true haha, PMDG is like one and only.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

I'll be interested to see if this statement is true haha, PMDG is like one and only.
...i'll dig it up for ya.. From the PMDG KB article : http://support.preci...t-schedule.aspx
PMDG DHC-8: The initial product in the PMDG Dash-8 series will include the -200/300 series airplanes. This product is being developed by the same team that produced our PMDG BAe JS4100, and will be along the same quality level. This product is expected to fit into the release schedule someplace between the 737NGX and the 777.
Although honestly I'm not really holding out hope for it anymore. I think the real demand is for the 777...which is a bummer for the Crash-8 fan in me.

...i'll dig it up for ya.. From the PMDG KB article : http://support.preci...t-schedule.aspx Although honestly I'm not really holding out hope for it anymore. I think the real demand is for the 777...which is a bummer for the Crash-8 fan in me.
Hey Patrick, I meant the part about MJ being just as good system wise (:

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Ohh... My bad :PAlthough yes, the fmc is lacking in the MJ 300, it is easily the most realistic sim of a free turbine turboprop out there, and the hydraulic and most of the electrics are spot on ;) -*end shameless Majestic plug*- ha ha