Sign in to follow this  
B747tebs

extremly low FPS (very odd problem here)

So... i have a quite odd problem. First of all, i should start with my hardware. Its an Intel i7 with a Geforce GTX 460M and 16GB RAM. Normally, i have about 70 frames minimum (doesnt matter what aircraft) and its going up to 200 frames or even more. Due to the hardware i have, i think i can run everything at the highest level. Now comes the odd part. I tried the NGX with it as well but in the VC, i have a maximum of 25 frames with a minimum of about 10 fps at EDDF (other fps compared with EDDF as well). Then i tried all the fixes in the introduction but it doesnt change at all (only the option "Detailed VC" or something gives me 5 fps more avrg). So i started to reduce other things as well but nothing changes. Normally, i run this sim at 1920x1080x32 with AA on and Anisotropic Filtering. I tried it with lower resolutions and 16 bit (i was even at 1024x768x16) but nothing changed. Still the same FPS. Then i started to reduce all other sliders as well, nothing changed. So now i end up at 1024x768x16 with AA off and bilinear filtering, no traffic, no clouds, no scenery details and its still the same FPS. Can someone explain this? I mean there has to be a difference but there is none.. I made two screenshots. I guess you can see which one is the one with everything to max and the one which is with everything to minimum (i made those pictures in window mode but there is no change if i put it to fullscreen)At the time i made the screenshots, my CPU was at 20% but it never goes above 40%. Memory is 4.36 GB used at that moment and my graphiccard does not seem to care either Number 1: picture_high.png Number 2: picture_low.png

At what frequency do you have your CPU? Is it oveclocked? NGX is very cpu hungry. I have 50FPS at stock airport an scenery and weather withou traffic. i5-2500K 4,8GHz

i7-2630QM @ 2.00 GHZ not overclocked but like i said, the CPU is only at 40% maximum (with a high rate of traffic). I dont have problems with any other game

NICE. I can't help you with your prob, but that second shot reminds me HEAVILY of my good old FS98 running on that older video card, that one that did not yet have the smoothing capability. The memories, once again... Big%20Grin.gifsig.gif

I think I read somewhere that RAM amount matters hugely to FSX and sometimes too much can basically slow things down. You have 16Gb installed...maybe try removing some RAM (if you have mire than one stick installed) so that you only have ~4Gb. Cheers,Ian.

i7-2630QM @ 2.00 GHZ not overclocked but like i said, the CPU is only at 40% maximum (with a high rate of traffic). I dont have problems with any other game
You should really overclock your CPU! 2.00 GHz is not very much.About 4 GHz should easily be possible. Just make sure your cooler is good enough.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

its a gamer-laptop but overclocking is not possible it only runs at 2.00 GHZ because system window shows that but its usually around 2.80 - 3.00 GHZ (used Core Temp 1.0 for that) i made this screenshot and on my second monitor, you can see some more details pic3.png

You should reduce all traffic to minimum or none. That will save you much processing power. Your processor is at 40%, but one of the cores is always on max in FSX. Also try slightly reducing visuals, turn off thermal visualisation, reduce clouds distance, turn off light bloom and turn down water. And what is important, try ******* fsx.cfg tweeking guide/automatic site. The link is in the introduction pdf to NGX.

Are you sure FSX is recognizing your GeForce card ? The question is because I have a LG notebook with GeForce card 2GB memory. Usually the card is smart and use Intel card when you are not in the game. In my first time I entered FSX the card do not changed to GeForce automatically causing all sort of FPS issues. Then I went to Control Panel and made all adjustments in the Nvdia software and problem was solved.Adenilson

You should reduce all traffic to minimum or none. That will save you much processing power. Your processor is at 40%, but one of the cores is always on max in FSX. Also try slightly reducing visuals, turn off thermal visualisation, reduce clouds distance, turn off light bloom and turn down water. And what is important, try ******* fsx.cfg tweeking guide/automatic site. The link is in the introduction pdf to NGX.
i usually have traffic completely off or i fly at IVAO and as i said, i tried every settings on minimum and minimum resolution. no change. i applied that ******* tweak as stated in the introduction (also as i said in my first post)
Are you sure FSX is recognizing your GeForce card ? The question is because I have a LG notebook with GeForce card 2GB memory. Usually the card is smart and use Intel card when you are not in the game. In my first time I entered FSX the card do not changed to GeForce automatically causing all sort of FPS issues. Then I went to Control Panel and made all adjustments in the Nvdia software and problem was solved. Adenilson
yes it does recognize my geforce card.

I have a similar laptop, i had to lower a lot of sliders to make the NGX run really smooth. Only did it because of the NGX, the other Add-ons run smooth even with all sliders basically all the way to the right.I get around 20-30 FPS when moving the mouse pointer, when not moving it stays around 50 FPS(Virtual Cockpit).

Sorry, i didn´t remember you wrote it. Then I think you should reduce PFD and ND refresh rate in pmdg ngx settings (done through FMS/CDU).

Sorry, i didn´t remember you wrote it. Then I think you should reduce PFD and ND refresh rate in pmdg ngx settings (done through FMS/CDU).
hmm good idea, just tried it and set everything to "2" fps and removed the HUD but no change... : (