Sign in to follow this  
VOR_Active

A minor? FSX problem using PMDG MD-11 and default planes

Hello,I posted this same post in the FSX Forum too because it seems the that the problem i get its not only on the MD-11 but also on default planes too.All goes well, untill i hit the windows key to go to the desktop enviroment, while FSX still running, and use the MD-11 Load Manager. Going back to FSX all i get is a black screen. Then the only solution is to press the Esc key to go back to the menu which is visible. From cockpit to desktop all is ok but from desktop to cockpit black screen and no sounds and this happens to default planes too.What do i do wrong? is it because all my sliders almost are to the right? thank you for any helpPanos

I cannot speak for your AI planes, but I think I can help you out with the MD-11. It sounds like you are running in full screen mode. PMDG planes run best in windowed mode. This fixes a lot of the glitchy display and sound issues.

I didn't mention anything about AI. What i saw just right now in the text i wrote, is that when I changed paragraph 2 letters 'Al' remained after the full stop so you confused it for AI traffic . so it should be "All goes well......" it was my mistake sorry. There are no AI planes running inside my FSX. I do run in full screen mode but it is not only a PMDG MD-11 issue. It happens to default planes too. Thank you for your help anyway i will try the windowed mode and see what happens

Branton thank you for your help.Finally it works in windowed mode although i don't understand why technically in full mode screen does not

this may be unrelated but could someone please help with :[1] not seeing intermediate waypoints on FMC/ND when a flightplan is MANUALLY createdand [2] after selecting/inputting approach data and clicking "insert",screen freezes and a Microsoft error message is generated .Thanks