Sign in to follow this  
luismgr

AP and AT disengaging

Hi everyone, Every time I turn off the auto pilot, using Z, or the autothrottle, with a keyboard command, I get a warning. Now, I know this is normal, but in the planes I fly and the NGXs documents agree with me on this, pressing Z twice should cancel the warning. The problem is that for me it causes the autopilot to reengage. As for the autothrottle, I'm aware you should use the instinctive button on the levers, but just before landing, its not easy to switch to VC, pan around, and back to the 2D panel. Any thoughts on this? Luis Raimundo

PMDG SETUP > OPTIONS > KEY COMMANDS > AUTOFLIGHT > A/T DISENGAGE SWITCH (page 8)PMDG SETUP > OPTIONS > KEY COMMANDS > AUTOFLIGHT > A/P DISENGAGE SWITCH (page 8) bind these two and it should workthese are the pushswitches on the yoke and the throttle ... (2nd push disables the warning horn/light)the button 'z' is bind to the button where the disengage bar is (2nd press engages the A/P again)

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

There is no reason to use the disengage bar in any normal flight. SOP is to use the yoke buttons for AP and thrust lever buttons for AT disengagement. Bind those to something convenient and you'll never have to touch the ASA. sig.gif

There is also a keyboard shortcut to silence the alarm itself. Then you can press Z, followed by whatever shortcut you choose to silence the warning.

Unlike the MD11 and the B747-400, pressing the disconnect switches a second time won't cancel the warning. You must press the red flashing disconnect light - this is a carry-over from the 737CL.

Unlike the MD11 and the B747-400, pressing the disconnect switches a second time won't cancel the warning.
It does for me ... just use the correct switches and keybinds and it works ...

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit