Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

23SEP11 Update: SP1, Hotfixes and the 6700

Captains- We are very (very) close to having a completed SP1 for the PMDG 737NGX, but it is not going to release tonight as originally hoped. (Reminder: The 23SEP projected date had a "subject to change" disclaimer on it!) The SP1 is a bit of a moving target because we want to make certain that it and the PMDG 737NGX 6700 are fully in sync with one another in order to simplify everyone's lives. The current plan is to release the SP1 and then follow it shortly there-after with the 6700 expansion. As we started wrapping up the SP1, we decided to add in a few more tweaks and fixes that simply require more testing in order to ensure that they are where we want them at the time you install... One of the features that we are working that isn't yet complete is an applet that will allow users to tune up-or-down the visual detail level with the click of a button. We feel that this will give you greater flexibility to run the simulation the way that best matches your hardware- and it prevents us from having to pigeon-hole everyone into one level of visual detail. (Ryan has been pushing hard to make this happen for you guys- so please help me in blaming him for the extra work. Whistle.gif ) As of right now, I think we are probably looking at Friday, 01OCT for the SP1 release with the 6700 concurrent or shortly afterward. (AS ALWAYS: SUBJECT TO CHANGE) One suggestion that we have seen you guys make over and over is for PMDG to jump on the software industry trend of offering you all live fixes "as we make them" so that those who want the latest and greatest can always have it. (I know with some of the software I use in my day-to-day life, I enjoy getting the interim fixes without having to wait for the service packs- so this request has caught our eye. Once again we can blame....erm....credit.... Ryan for bringing this concept to the teams attention and then pushing back on my initial resistance in order to get you guys something you'll like...) This being the case we are going to make available a new HotFix for you during the day, Saturday. This hotfix will update you with a significant portion of the fixes and enhancements that are coming with the service pack. This hotfix focuses primarily on the things that are code-based and as such your dlls will get updated to the most current versions as of Wednesday 21SEP. We think that these updates *should* kill any freezing problems that folks might still be having- which is another good reason to roll them out to you right away even if the SP1 will be held off a bit... The hotfix is around 44MB in size... The SP1 will be significantly larger because it will include some artwork changes, a visual detail configuration applet, new VC models, etc... I know a few of you were really hoping to have the SP1 and the 6700 this weekend, but you'll get them shortly, I promise! We just want to make sure that we have them the way we want them before release! Okay- I'll be back with you on Saturday with download information for the hotfix! (Reminder: I'm in US PDT so I'm talking about MY Saturday!)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Awesome....! Captain, you and PMDG keep up the amazing work! Sleep well...!

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

I know Ryan said PMDG was looking into a shared cockpit feature but is there any word if that has been called off or is still being looked into or is being developed now?

Thanks RSR for the update. Take your time, get it right. I have been enjoying the NGX with no problems. I wouldlike the same with SP1 and the6700. Keep up the great work William Coade

Nice to be in the loop, although it's not today, what's one more week? I still really want my -700!

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer
TFDi Design (Invernyx) | Website

Guest acezboy561

Cool, Saturday 3:15PM AEST! :( Any news on the SDK?

More than happy to wait for more of the absolute best aircraft I have flown in FSX!A bit more of a wait is just icing on a very delicious cake!Thanks for the update. I hope the bus Ryan's under isn't too heavy!!!

Ditto: Thanks RSR for the update.A HOTFIX on Saturday is great news, as is SP1 next weekend on SATURDAY Oct 1st 2011 ( Next Friday Oct 1st is in 2021 !!)

all the additions sound awesome, especially the performance customizations. i cant wait.Hug.gifand thanks for the update, its very nice knowing whats going on.

Robert, Thank you. Could you tell us more about the new virtual cockpit models when you get a chance? Ed