Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

23SEP11 Update: SP1, Hotfixes and the 6700

Thanks Ryan ;)

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Iberê CruzIt's impressive how people like to complain without a reason.Rolling%20Eyes.gifHow can you possibly know that these is gonna cause any trouble at all? Well when something is not broke dont try to fix it, ever hear that expression buddy
A bit too cliche for me, buddy. Especially when we are talking about PMDG.Just try to trust a bit more on the PMDG team.

Relax guys - this isn't something inside the airplane, it's an external app that switches texture size. (ie 4096 vs 2048 vs 1024) It's direct swapping out of texture and model files, not some complicated thing in real time inside the sim...
If i am not wrong, this means we have the option to test out what performance we can get at different texture quality levels coupled with the same option on other addons like REX. This giving us much more compromize options without trying to play with textures ourselves.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Relax guys - this isn't something inside the airplane, it's an external app that switches texture size. (ie 4096 vs 2048 vs 1024) It's direct swapping out of texture and model files, not some complicated thing in real time inside the sim...
Great idea, and well worth waiting for. Both "OFFICIAL" PMDG 4096, 2048 & 1024 texture files, as well as 4096,2048 & 1024 textured models. While users are able to resize the Texture files for added performance, they were not able to modify the textures within the model files. This should greatly help those with slower machines, as well as those still running a 32 bit OS.

@Ryan, Then I take back my concerns. I thought it would it would be in real time and be just another thing to load, but it's refreshing to hear it's not. Why must you guys at PMDG be so awesome? im Not Worthy.gif

Thanks for the update!!!Waiting it.Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

I know it's probably a bit late to be suggesting an added function, but would it be possible to add the ACARS "OUT, OFF, ON, IN" function to the FMC, it'd be a hell of a lot easier than scribiling down the times on a piece of paper. Thanks,Rónán O Cadhain Jnr.
+1 Praying.gif ---Enrique Vaamonde

Enrique Vaamonde

Great idea, and well worth waiting for. Both "OFFICIAL" PMDG 4096, 2048 & 1024 texture files, as well as 4096,2048 & 1024 textured models. While users are able to resize the Texture files for added performance, they were not able to modify the textures within the model files. This should greatly help those with slower machines, as well as those still running a 32 bit OS.
Yes I agree that's great option and well worth waiting for.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Thanks for all. The PMDG´s after-sales service is very good !!! João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

Speaking about textures, lately I got lots of problems with "shimmering" both in the v/c and looking at the a/c in spot view and someone talked about converting the textures to mip maps which apparently cures problem with shimmering. Any comments on this?

Richard Åsberg

Hello,Hats off to your realization of this beautiful plane, thank you again, good luck for the future. JMarc Tibbo

Think this not right? Aircraft.cfg file in each variant folder - build 2292 is the latest.2922 i have

Captains- ... One suggestion that we have seen you guys make over and over is for PMDG to jump on the software industry trend of offering you all live fixes "as we make them" so that those who want the latest and greatest can always have it. (I know with some of the software I use in my day-to-day life, I enjoy getting the interim fixes without having to wait for the service packs- so this request has caught our eye. Once again we can blame....erm....credit.... Ryan for bringing this concept to the teams attention and then pushing back on my initial resistance in order to get you guys something you'll like...)
This "trend" has been the the norm for a very long time for complex multi-feature s/w products. I recall moving to this model late 90's. We "rolled out" features on a regular "milestone" scheduled basis. At each planned milestone, the product was evaluated and released based on the maturity (feature and regression testing state) of the build. Those features that were not "hardened" were not integrated in the scheduled release and had to wait until the next scheduled "rev" milestone. Without using this model, customer's would have to wait years before for a final product hit the market. While it seems that pmdg are somewhat sheltered by being having a lock on premium fsx addons and might enjoy the luxury of not having to cover a full payroll based on the revenue generated by these products (purely speculative), there are great advantages to using the phased incremental rollout model. Other than the obvious (not waiting for 3 years per product), one of these advantages is the exposure of less code to more users in a gradual way. This effectively widens the "beta" spectrum and allows early discovery of larger problems. It potentially shortens the response time to serious bugs since the lines of code delta is smaller and partitioned into distinct functional areas. This also, by definition reduces the total number of bugs per release cycle thereby increasing the customer's perception of quality. I am very sure that the "area under the curve" since the Aug 4 release date would have been much smaller had this approach been adopted. IMHO (and in the grand scheme of things totally irrelevant), the ngx would have benefited greatly using this approach. A practical example of this might have been rolling out the ngx much much earlier with less features along with a scheduled list of added features to be rolled out in time (no dates, just the planned sequence of features). I am quite sure that the majority of customers would have rather had the ngx earlier with less. Example might be the HGS, the crazy (in a positive sense) number of aircraft options, cabin pressure/temperature, brake pads choices, certain obscure fmc extras etc. The point is that the ngx would ultimately evolve into its final wonderful state but in an evolutionary sense with much less "gnashing of teeth"/"churn". In my view, Ryan is completely correct. The NGX should have many many many smaller less impact REGULAR updates and the above mentioned feature roll out. Ideally, a "check for updates" feature would be available from within FSX (from the addons->pmdg menu). If not technically possible due to fsx limitations then as part of a stand alone program such as the livery/textures program. No muss no fuss just regular slow but steady progress. ( A side benefit would be the reduction of the forum "noise" on the topic of release and hopefully more focus on the actual flying of the NGX). The above "arm-chair-quarterbacking" was simply a single voice from the sea of customers and was written in the most positive and constructive spirit. I have had the NGX installed and have been flying since the release date Aug 4 without a single major problem. This is a more than a great aircraft and I am very grateful for the dedication and technical abilities of the PMDG team. It has no doubt brought a ton of enjoyment to many and will keep doing so for many many years. As my sig says, Thanks PMDG!

Sounds good! I keep my fingers crossed, hoping that the panel freezes are finally history.