Sign in to follow this  
Carl_Beckenbaugh

Curious water problem

I re-installed FSX about a week ago or so along with SP1 and have run into an interesting problem. Pictures are worth a thousand words and honestly I'm not sure how to explain this anyhow, so here's this: fsxscenproblem.jpg As you can see, the water and nearby coastline seems to be exempt from the visibility. This occurs everywhere. I'm using UTX, GEX, and REX. Disabling any of these or restoring the defaults does nothing. I tried SP2 for a couple days and it fixed this problem but caused far more severe issues, so I got rid of that. Disabling/enabling the haze layer in Active Sky does nothing either, nor does trying REX weather. Curiously, the only fix I've come across is going down to 1x water, which completely alleviates the problem. Of course, 1x water also looks terrible and my computer should be much more than capable of handling 2 shaders. My specs are:i5 650 (3.2Ghz)8GB RAMeVGA 260 (768MB)Windows 7 home premium 64 Anyone have any ideas what could be going on here? Is there a different landclass associated with 1x water versus 2x water or something?

Guest jahman

Any reason why you're installing SP2? Cheers, - jahman.

I was just curious what performance gains it might bring like it did on my old computer. Unfortunately it made performance waaay worse, yet only in the VC. If I was using the VC, all the ground textures would turn black, one tile at a time. Going to spot view showed that they were still showing up, just not from the VC. That's why I went back to SP1.

Guest jahman

OK, but then there seem to be other problems with your setup, as SP2 runs FSX quite a bit better.In general the idea is to install FSX, run the default flight (so FSX can complete setting itself up, then install SP2.Something easy to try is to rename four fsx.cfg file to something else and let FSX rebuild it from scratch. Cheers. - jahman. Cheers, - jahman.