Sign in to follow this  
shortfinals

SP1 AND IVAP

Hi Will sp1 for ngx resolve any issues with ivap.I ask because i sent PMDG a support ticket on the subject and the reply was it was an issue with the P2P within ivap however when i asked about this on ivao forum they did not agree.I have looked on this forum now for sometime as well as others and from what i can see the subject is being avoided (sorry if this is not the case but it seems that way).Me and my friend Richard Wells have tried different ideas put out by other people with the same issue but with no sucess. We have tried using other aircraft such as captain sim757 and justflight/wilco airbus and dont get crashes of ivap but as soon as we try to fly NGX then crash.The NGX simulation for me is fantastic but for now is wasted not being able to fly online using ivap.Look forward to a reply and hopefully a solution. Regards Nigel Owen

Nigel Owen

I have done today another 2 houre flight with IvAP (External) today and didn't get any crashes of IvAP or FSX.

I have posted this before and I realise it will be of little help if you don't have a second PC but running IvAp in a multi PC setup has cured all my IvAp problems and I've had LOTS of IvAp problems in the past so for anyone with an extra PC I highly suggest considering a mulit PC setup if you mainly fly online.

Richard Åsberg

I had no Ivap issues with my other addon planes such as MD-11, J41 or Ifly, so I would prefer this to be traced and fixed with a patch within NGX and not me putting second PC.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

I fully understand and agree with you, of course any problems should be addressed if possible. My previous post was more a suggestion how problems with IvAp might be solved waiting for the issue to be address so you're able to fly online in the meantime.

Richard Åsberg

Hi I only had one CTD with ngx but disconnections from ivap both kwowing and not knowing were all the time. Struggling as are other people to get a answer from PMDG dont know why busy i guess.

Nigel Owen

I have posted this before and I realise it will be of little help if you don't have a second PC but running IvAp in a multi PC setup has cured all my IvAp problems and I've had LOTS of IvAp problems in the past so for anyone with an extra PC I highly suggest considering a mulit PC setup if you mainly fly online.
I have already a few programs running in a second computer (FSCommander, ASE). Could you please inform where can I get information specifically for IVAP in order I can execute it and run in a second computer? Thanks!

Edmundo Azevedo

I have already a few programs running in a second computer (FSCommander, ASE). Could you please inform where can I get information specifically for IVAP in order I can execute it and run in a second computer? Thanks!
Below is an answer I got myself when trying to setup IvAp in a multi-PC environment, hopefully I will give you some answers. Okay Richard, I have performed a quick test message with Achmad today with IVAP on a separate PC and the test was OK. I assume that your simconnect is properly configured (simconnect.xml and simconnect.ini) and that your shared directories are okay thru the local network (ie you can access to FSX directory, flight simulator files in documents and FSX directory in APP/ROAMING thru the network from the separate PC). PC1 = PC that runs FSX (IP example : 192.168.1.100) PC2 = separate PC (IP example : 192.168.1.120) Configuring PC1 : Install IVAP as usual, install all MTL you need. Start IVAP Config. In Multi PC tab, choose "Multi PC: this PC runs Flight Simulator (master)" Communication port : leave 6810 Which modules should run on this PC ? tick all except "User Interface" In your DLL.xml file (found in users/your name/AppData/Roaming/microsoft/FSX), check that IVAP is enabled (must have False) :Quote<Launch.Addon> <Name>IvAp</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>E:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx_bootstrap.dll</Path> <Commandline /> </Launch.Addon> Configuring PC2 : Install IVAP and select Multi PC install. Select your FSX directory on PC1 thru the local network path. Start IVAP Config. In Multi PC tab, choose "Multi PC: this PC does not run Flight Simulator (slave)" IP of Master PC: 192.168.1.100 (the IP of your PC1) Communication port : leave 6810 Which modules should run on this PC ? untick all except "User Interface" In your IVAP install directory on PC2, create a SimConnect.cfg file and paste the following (replace the address with the IP of your PC1) : Quote[simConnect] Protocol=IPv4 Address=192.168.1.100 Port=6810 MaxReceiveSize=4096 DisableNagle=0 At last, copy the following file "mtl.dat" from the data directory (inside IVAP installation directory on PC1) to the same data directory but on PC2. Start FSX on PC1, start IVAP from the menu. On PC2, start IVAP Interface (external) from start/programs (in the task bar of windows). That's it. I will probably do a test flight tonight after work.Have a nice afternoon.----------------------------------------------------------SimConnect--------------------------------------------------Richard, it seems that simconnect is not properly configured on your PCs. I have the latest version of simconnect. You need to install the same version of simconnect on both PCs. Initial version : You'll find the initial version on FSX DVD if you have the deluxe version. You just have to install the FSX SDK and simconnect.msi will be in one of the SDK's directory installed. Start FSX, exit FSX, reboot your PCs SP1 : Then install the SDK SP1A on both PCs http://download.micr...sx_sdk_sp1a.exe Start FSX, exit FSX, reboot your PCs SP2 : If you have FSX SP2 or Acceleration pack, install SDK SP2 on both PCs http://download.micr...9F9F633/sdk.msi Start FSX, exit FSX, reboot your PCs Share directories through your local network : right click on the directory (my win 7 is in french sorry), choose properties, then share. Click on share. in the drop down menu select "everyone", and you must authorize read/write. At last click on share. You need to do this for the 3 following directories : 1) FSX directory : in my case: E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X 2) C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX 3) :\Users\[username]\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files Configure PC1 (FSX) : In the FSX SDK directory find the following files : SimConnect.xml and SimConnect.ini.Make a copy and paste them in the following directory respectively : 1) C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\SimConnect.xml 2) C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Flight Simulator X files\SimConnect.ini For SimConnect.xml, add the following lines : you need to change the IP address and enter the IP of PC1Quote<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?> <SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0"> <Descr>SimConnect Server Configuration</Descr> <Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <!-- Example Global (remote) IPv4 Server Configuration--> <SimConnect.Comm> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Protocol>IPv4</Protocol> <Scope>global</Scope> <MaxClients>64</MaxClients><Address>192.168.1.100</Address> <Port>500</Port> </SimConnect.Comm> <SimConnect.Comm> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Protocol>Auto</Protocol> <Scope>local</Scope> </SimConnect.Comm> </SimBase.Document> For SimConnect.ini, add (or replace) the following lines :Quote[simConnect] level=verbose console=0 ;RedirectStdOutToConsole=1 ;OutputDebugString=1 ;file=c:\simconnect%03u.log ;file_next_index=0 ;file_max_index=9 Configure PC2 (without FSX) : Copy and paste the following lines in a file named SimConnect.cfg. Replace the Address with the IP of your PC1.Quote[simConnect] Protocol=Ipv4 Address=192.168.1.100 Port=500 MaxReceiveSize=4096 DisableNagle=0 Save this file in : C:\Users\[username]\Documents\SimConnect.cfg a copy of this SimConnect.cfg file must be in each directory of each addon (that use simconnect) you want to use on a separate PC. So you need a copy in IVAP directory, a copy in ASE, etc. Testing SimConnect : Start FSX on PC1, create a flight at any airport of your choice, set AITraffic cursor to 100%. click on fly now. On PC2, start the SimConnect test by starting : C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\Samples\AI Traffic.exe You should have a DOS windows saying that SimConnect is connected to Flight Simulator with a list of AI Traffic around you. Well Done !

Richard Åsberg

Can you tell me how you managed to have Ivap working well on a multi pc set up ? I have been trying to put it in place for the last three days but got only more and more frustration....I have been following what should be the right procedure (taken from Ivao Academy web site), and I have other addon running on a 2nd pc (so I know that Simconnect is well configured) but there is no way I can start and run Ivap on the slave PC. I would really appreciate some good advise..!Thanks in advance...Regards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Check the post just above your last post, there I posted the help I received myself in another forum when setting up IvAp running in a multi-PC setup.Give it a try and see if it helps you, otherwise post back and I'll do my best to help you.

Richard Åsberg

Check the post just above your last post, there I posted the help I received myself in another forum when setting up IvAp running in a multi-PC setup. Give it a try and see if it helps you, otherwise post back and I'll do my best to help you.
Ciao,thanks for your quick reply. I read your post again very carefully and now I am almost there.I realised that I had set not matching port numbers on the two PCs (sometimes PCs make you feel very stupid.!!..).I can now get on line, I see other people and everything is OK apart from Teamspeak which is launched correctly by Ivap but does not connect automatically when I select an active COMM. Obviously TS is installed on the slave PC. I tried to manually connect to IVAO TS Servers but it requires a password which is not the IVAN psw... maybe it is another silly thing that I am overlooking but at this stage I have got no clue on how to move forward....Any suggestions ?Regards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Good to hear you made some progress! As for your TS problem I can't really help you because in my case I never experienced that problem. I wonder if it could have anything to do with the IvAp different settings. I'm not close to my PC at the moment but I can have a look and post my settings later tonight or tomorrow. You should however be able to manually connect to IVAO's TS servers using your IVAO member ID and password (the same you entered in IvAp itself when connecting to IVAO). I've successfully did this myself in the past.

Richard Åsberg