Sign in to follow this  
RestUnknown

Standing at the holding position and Radar Contact doesn't do anything

Hi all First, Radar Contact is a great piece of software, but as all software it has bugs (or perhaps I am inflicting it myself). The situation is as follows, I'm at the holding position of RWY25R at EBBR, tuned to the tower and there are 2 aircraft in front of me to takeoff. So I patiently wait, rolling further and furthertill it's my turn. But then, nothing happens, the previous aircraft has taken off, but no message "line up and wait". I see that there is perhaps an aircraft on final, but nothing (I even put all the AI-traffic off and still nothing).Then as I get tired of waiting, I roll into position and just when I am in position, the ATC says "line up and wait". So I think, well okay doesn't matter. But then, no message to takeoff, again I get tired of waiting and I just takeoff. When I'm 15 seconds in the air "cleared for takeoff"... Is this a known issue? This also occurs with other airports from time to time. Thanks!

Do you have 'Interact with Ai' and 'Play Pilot WAVs' checked in Options?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm wondering if you're close enough to the runway to initiate the LUAW call. The fact that it is eventually played tells me that RC is working okay. Is this a 3rd party airport addon and if so have you rebuilt the RC database? There will be small differences between default and 3rd party scenery that could cause you to appear too far from the hold short point unless you've rebuilt the d/b.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I looked at the current airport chart for EBBR, the FS9 default, and an add-on AF2 I had. On the 25R end all were different in some aspects. Especially with an angled taxiway entry, you musty be really close to the runway edge in RC. Given that you appear closer than you are if in a high large aircraft cockpit, you might have been too far back. With your delay on the take-off instruction it appears you may not have been seen as aligned on the runway centerline with close enough runway heading. These can be an indication of not getting the correct user aircraft location (via FSUIPC) or incorrect data in the RC scenery database. Please check for the latest FSUIPC updates using the base link and interim update links pinned above. In addition please check the version of makerwys.exe from the Additional Program links mentioned as well and then after installing the latest makerwys from within RC run the scenery rebuild again. Be sure to enter the correct path to your version of FS (I keep mine, h:\program files\microsoft games\flight simulator 9 , in a text file on the desktop for a copy/paste retrieval.). If RC resides on a different pc as a client to a networked FS host, run makerwys.exe directly first in your FS folder before running the scenery rebuild. We have had some users with a dual install that had similar problems because for the RC folder installed for that version of FS they put in the incorrect FS path for that version. Just some things to check. Accuracy becomes suspect when you say some airports work and others have that problem. Also certain kinds of scenery techniques used in add-ons can cause problems especially the way entrances and displaced thresholds are created in relation to taxiway entrance points. What airport scenery are you using for what FS version? If freeware, a download link would be a help so someone could look at it.

did you rebuild the rc scenery database after installing rc? after installing 3rd party scenery? make a log, instructions pinned to the top of the forum. zip it up, email me a description of the problem. also make sure you click debug, before loading the .pln jd

Well, it's possible it's due to the add-on scenery for EBBR I have installed (from Aerosoft).But it's weird as the AI-traffic stops where I stops and they do get a clearance.

You haven't answered the question we asked. Have you rebuilt the database? It's almost certainly down to that.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

MakeRunways 4.50 is the current version available from the Additional Programs link on the page listed in the pinned topic. FSUIPC 3.998d for FS9 and FSUIPC 4.734 is for FSX to be installed after installing the full packages first. When you rebuild the scenery database a log file is created in your FS folder called runways.txt. This is a large file that should be loaded in Word or Wordpad. Search for EBBR. That first section has a path pointing to the stock airport. The rest of the sections are paired with a delete section followed by an add section with each pointing to the scenery folder involved. Repeat your EBBR search. The last pair of EBBR sections is the dominant high priority scenery set which forms the data for RC. The path for each section within that pair should be to your Aerosoft scenery folder for EBBR. Any preceding sets for EBBR (except the deafiult) might represent a conflict if they don't point to that same folder. If that is OK check in your FS folder the attributes for modified for r5.csv and note that. That should be the date/time stamp of your rebuild. Now do the same for your r4.csv file in your rcv4 or rcv4X \data folder and insure they match that same rebuild attribute. This insures that the makerwys utility updated the FS folder files and that rc copied them to its data folder. RC uses the r5.csv file in your FS folder copying it as r4.csv to its own data folder. RC then creates its a4.csv from calculations on r4.csv to determine the airport center from runway placements. If RC and FS reside on the same pc, RC set to run with admin rights should execute makerwys in your FS folder. If not, you'll have to run makerwys.exe directly first in your FS folder before starting the rebuild in RC. Insure that for the RC you are running for the rebuild that you put in the correct data path for the version of FS being used. These are just checks to insure RC is getting the correct data.

Also if you are at a very busy airport do this: Task Manager / processes / Set Priority / Above NormalIf thereafter you continue to have the same problem then it's likely you have a scenery or afcad issue.vololiberista

Rebuilding the database should be considered mandatory after installing any scenery package. Glad things worked for you. smile.png

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather