Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

Kudos to Aerosoft

Like many others, I'm not slow to voice my displeasure on the forums when I think a developer has failed to respect their customers. So it's only fair to also be quick to say "thank you" and give some praise when a developer goes above and beyond expectations. Aerosoft just released a new version of their very old Megascenery Budapest 2007 scenery. The original is one that was first released in the early days of FS9 and it shows its age. The new release is essentially a brand new product and like everything Aerosoft releases, it is excellent. They could easily have treated it as a new product but they did not, and instead have released it as a free upgrade to existing customers.BRAVO ZULU Aerosoft - thank you for a generous decision.... Applause.gif

Yes, I would like to add my voice of appreciation here, too.I have spent many happy hours flying from/to this excellent scenery. One of my favourites ever.So far only the FSX version has been upgraded, but looks like the FS9 will come later. Thank you Andras, thank you Aerosoft! Salute_Smiley_Standard.gif

i have to agree,Aerosoft is indeed very generous.They've given me boat loads of software.

Yes, I would like to add my voice of appreciation here, too.I have spent many happy hours flying from/to this excellent scenery. One of my favourites ever.So far only the FSX version has been upgraded, but looks like the FS9 will come later. Thank you Andras, thank you Aerosoft! Salute_Smiley_Standard.gif
Hi RafalThe FS9 version has been upgraded - I'm using it. When you download you get the FSX version 2 and the FS9 version 1.5. But though it's called 1.5 it is radically improved. You can see a few objects/textures from version one but very few - it's basically a new scenery. I couldn't get the link to the patch to work but if you download the new file it will accept your old key code. Just uninstall the old version and install the new one and you're ready to go. Enjoy!Ian

The FS9 version has been upgraded
Thanks, Ian! I was misled with the Aerosoft forum information and the fact I already have v1.5.So I will redownload the new version. Thanks again!

Thanks, Ian! I was misled with the Aerosoft forum information and the fact I already have v1.5.So I will redownload the new version. Thanks again!
smile.pngYou are welcome my friendIan

I purchased LHBP recently and the FS9 download was 1.00. So when I saw the announcement about the new version and went to the support thread to download the update it showed an FS9 1.5 upgrade for Budapest and I just assumed it was new. Why the h--- Aerosoft or any other developer/retailer would have an old version as their default download product and not even mention an upgrade is beyond me. Now I feel like a damn fool for posting this thread. I suppose I should just be happy that I now have a better version of the scenery, but why I didn't get that version when I purchased the product a few months ago is beyond me...

http://en.shop.aeros...anguage=english V2Not sure im following you???
I purchased the FS9 version from Aerosoft about a month ago and it was version 1.0. I am happy that I now have 1.5 and it is a vast improvement over the original but I am embarassed at having posted effusive praise for an "upgrade" that for me, an FS9 user, is two years old and should have been in my original download. But anyway, the topic for me is over. I'll be very reluctant in the future to give "kudos" to anyone!angry.png

Oh i see.I take it you contacted them about it and it was sorted for free?

Spook, I think you're still not following... Kiwi recently purchased LHBP (for FS9), he was offered to download v1.00. When news of this update reached him, he checked and found the 1.50 update. He thought it was the v2 update, but in fact, 1.50 was released in July of 2009. So... he started out praising Aerosoft for updating their older product, but now he's understandably surprised that his original download was not completely up-to-date in the first place. wink.png

Mike...

Spook, I think you're still not following... Kiwi recently purchased LHBP (for FS9), he was offered to download v1.00. When news of this update reached him, he checked and found the 1.50 update. He thought it was the v2 update, but in fact, 1.50 was released in July of 2009. So... he started out praising Aerosoft for updating their older product, but now he's understandably surprised that his original download was not completely up-to-date in the first place. wink.png
Correct Mike. Their download link does now point to v 1.5 but it didn't when I purchased it a short time ago.... But it's all moot now - I just wish I'd known before I started this (now redundant) thread... rolleyes.gif

I don't think it's a redundant thread. It's good news for FSXers (even if I'm only an FS9er) and it is a pretty decent thing to do. At the end of the day I have no complaints with Aerosoft or the developer. I purchased Budapest for FS9 'as is' with no promise of a free upgrade at any stage. So no probs from my point of view.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)