Sign in to follow this  
eNVee

some fun with fron left doors

A little disclaimer: I have NOT yet finished reading all the manuals. In process, but just not yet.. I am not complaining, just asking! If this is the fail of not RTFM, just tell me that and point to the corresponding chapter please! Talk%20to%20the%20Hand.gif Have you guys also met the problem with OPENING the front left doors (above the air stairs)? It acts somehow in its own way for me. I dont rush with pressing the button many times. This happens with C&D even after starting the APU and etc. Sometimes it will open after 5th -6th time I press the button (LSK on FMC), sometimes it wont open even after 10th time. ALL OTHER DOORS will open anytime. Is there some kind of Boe trick hidden, or am I just dumb? :D This ofcourse is not something I can't live with, just info.. If that makes any kind of "headache" to someone, just forget it.When at last I get that door open, it will close with first attempt. Always. I dont have and never had any other issues like CTD with NGX. Anyone? regards,

A little disclaimer: I have NOT yet finished reading all the manuals. In process, but just not yet.. I am not complaining, just asking! If this is the fail of not RTFM, just tell me that and point to the corresponding chapter please! Talk%20to%20the%20Hand.gif Have you guys also met the problem with OPENING the front left doors (above the air stairs)? It acts somehowe in its own way for me. I dont rush with pressing the button many times. This happens with C&D even after starting the APU and etc. Sometimes it will open after 5th -6th time I press the button (LSK on FMC), sometimes it wont open even after 10th time. ALL OTHER DOORS will open anytime. Is there some kind of Boe trick hidden, or am I just dumb? :D This ofcourse is not something I can't live with, just info.. If that makes any kind of "headache" to someone, just forget it.When at last I get that door open, it will close with first attempt. Always. I dont have and never had any other issues like CTD with NGX. Anyone? regards,
There is a delay between pressing the button and something happening. I suspect that you are being a little impatient and pressing it twice or more times too quickly in succession, hence it then closes once it has opened. Trust me! Wait a while after one press. The door will open! rolleyes.gif Iain Smith

There is a delay between pressing the button and something happening. I suspect that you are being a little impatient and pressing it twice or more times too quickly in succession, hence it then closes once it has opened. Trust me! Wait a while after one press. The door will open! rolleyes.gif Iain Smith
Iain thanks for advice, but as I stated before - no I am not pressing it repeatedly in a few seconds. I press it and could make a coffee, but the door remains closed. As I also mentioned - all other doors make no problem for me. :)

Do you have the airstair deployed? With the door open and airstair deployed, it takes some time for the airstair railings to get into position for opening/closing the door

I had, have this problem and sent a support ticket in. The short answer Craig-i have tested and the door1L opens/closes fine here.I presume you are using the FMS door controls?Captain Robert S. RandazzoPresident/CEOPMDG Simulations, LLC.www.PrecisionManuals.com

Same problem. Cannot open the left front door if the aircraft is not powered. All the rest works 100%.
same here.if the aircraft is in cold & dark, the left front door wont open unless ground power is connected.

Thank you all for the reports! Let's conclude (or someone more patient than me could check the manuals): 1) If that stair is deployed, you have to wait until its fully fixed in one position?2) You need some electric power source to operate the front left door? It doesnt sound very true, because crew or ground crew should open the door prior to energizing the aircraft...?3) Just an input from myself regarding what RSR asked to Craig - yes I used only FMS door controls. Or maybe lets just call for the ground service stairs and use another doors to get in the cockpit! LOL.gif