Sign in to follow this  
bluepilot76

Radar Contact freezes before departure

Hi,this happens quite a lot to me, I am using PMDG737NGX, uk2000 newcastle, REX weather engine, horizon VFR scenery. I will setup the flight with a flight plan and start radar contact then start the flight all as instructed in the manual. I wait for the 15 second countdown for the PMDG to initialize itself. There is the standard radar contact window waiting for my input....Prob first off I want to get the ATIS so I can begin seting up the FMC. Sometimes, none of the options in RC work. The window appears frozen. Sometimes, I can manually tune the radio to ATIS and get the RC ATIS, but then cannot contact clearance. Sometimes it all works, but freezes where I am instructed to tune TWR just before takeoff. Sometimes I can fly the whole flight with no RC problems at all! What I mean by freezes is that RC seems to freeze, the rest of the sim operates normally. Just none of the RC action keys appear to work.. I get the impression this happens more often if I am using the REX weather engine, but am not certain on this. I have another theory that it is something to do with the order that I press keys at the start of the flight, ie if I dont press anything, but straight away check the RC ATIS and get clearance then I am "in". Another theory that it is working untill REX weather engine inserts the weather into the flight. But most times the weather already seems to be there and waiting for me. Is there any known issues here? Anybody know what I might be doing wrong some of the time?

only way i can tell if something is wrong, is to make a log. information on making a log is pinned to the top of the forum. shouldn't matter what weather add-on you are using. are there any error messages, run time errors, anything to go on? jd

Your flight should be running in a stable parked situation avionics on before starting RC after loading the plan. I don't user FSX so I can't use the PMDG 737NGX which according to its forum is heavy on computer resources. RC uses FSUIPC4 to see what is going on in FSX via SimConnect and also for menu operation. Apparently some users have experienced NGX performance issues - check the PMDG dedicated 737NGX forum here on AVSIM seeing if any performance issues have been resolved. REX for FSX also works through SimConnect and perhaps FSUIPC4. Update FSUIPC4 from the base link and interim version links in the pinned topic as some performance issues may have been resolved. For general performance checks try RC with a default aircraft and FSX only. Then add REX to the mix. If OK try the same with the NGX. In RC be sure Display Text and AI Pre Recorded Chatter are disabled. AI Chatter is OK and Interact with AI should be on. These adjustments will improve performance.

My 737 is parked at a gate, engines off but avionics running (quick turn around style). There are no error messages or run time errors that I am aware of- the simulator itself keeps going nicely, just the RC portion seems frozen. I will have a look in the NGX forum, and get a log made soon enough. Thanks for your help, I just though there might be something that has already been addressed or is well known about. Good idea to try the stock aircraft first, I will try that too.

RC works fine on my system with all aircraft except the PMDG 744 and the PMDG 737 NGX. I am running FSX on a system with Windows 7 64 bit. This is very frustrating as these are the only aircraft I fly!

RC works fine on my system with all aircraft except the PMDG 744 and the PMDG 737 NGX. I am running FSX on a system with Windows 7 64 bit. This is very frustrating as these are the only aircraft I fly!
I appreciate it's been said before but in order for JD to know what the problem is with these 3rd party aircraft you must make a log and replicate the problem. It's the best way for him to know what's happening.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Did anyone find a solution to this as I've just reinstalled RC and I'm getting the same problem?

Ed Haslam

Hey Bluepilot,"Sometimes, none of the options in RC work. The window appears frozen. Sometimes, I can manually tune the radio to ATIS and get the RC ATIS, but then cannot contact clearance. Sometimes it all works, but freezes where I am instructed to tune TWR just before takeoff. Sometimes I can fly the whole flight with no RC problems at all!"If you use multiple screens, it can happen that if the last click with the mouse is done on the second screen the RC will not receive your input if the main screen is the 1st screen. Click anywhere on the cockpit screen then enter the input. Maybe this is your problem.Roger

Roger

See my specs in my profile

Hi Guys,I am running FSX on a single screen .I have used Radar Contact with the PMDG 747X ,MD11X and with the 737NGX and have not had any instances which caused Radar Contact to freeze.I have completed over 50 flights with the 737NGX without problems .I always get the aircraft loaded and positioned at the gate before starting Radar Contact.I use AS weather products which load into FSX when the aircraft does therefore the ATIS is already known and I can then carry on and set up the aircraft.No problems here at all with the Radar Contact/PMDG interface.

HelloI have started to get something similar over the last couple of months.At a random point in the flight RC will stop responding to the 7 key so I am unable to respond to the controller.If I then press CTL Shift / to ask them to repeat, RC will then accept the 7 key again.Sometimes it may be a matter of minutes before I can get RC working again.

If available try assigning the ack to ctrl-7 to see if it makes any difference.What changed when this started happening?

If available try assigning the ack to ctrl-7 to see if it makes any difference.What changed when this started happening?
Hello Ron,I will try that tonight, the only thing i can think that changed over the last month or so is my usual Fsuipc and Navigraph updates and AS2012 has also had a few updates.